LG Electronics - Depends on who you work with | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LG Electronics

"Depends on who you work with"

Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at LG Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Big company, so you get to experience all kinds of things

Cons

Manufacturing company, so salary is not high

Advice to Management

Beware of manager like executives

Other Employee Reviews for LG Electronics

"A top-tier manufacturer with internal management problems."

Former Employee - Direct Mobile Service Technician in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Direct Mobile Service Technician in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at LG Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay and great benefits.

Cons

Poor management, little growth opportunity, very poor work-life balance

Advice to Management

Not sure if they'd even listen as they tend to get rid of people who are vocal in their disagreements with policy.

"Culture shock, Extreme Work Load, With Constant "Policy" Changes"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at LG Electronics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Interesting diverse colleagues, "some" very smart individuals who are willing to share their knowledge to help you grow, steady work, normal business hour shifts

Cons

I am conflicted here. There are many cons working with this company. Out of the nine plus years of employment, I was probably truly happy a total of one...Well, that's pushing it. Lets make that about six months. The reason for my conflicted thoughts is, I could of quit at any point, but I didn't. Instead, I was laid off. Reduction in force is just a part of life though, and was probably the best thing that happened to me at LG. After awhile, you start accepting the poor working environment LG has to offer. The first analogy that comes to mind is it's like a physically and mentally abusive relationship. If you stay long enough, you start to believe that all work environments are like this and that you cannot do better somewhere else. Most of management is Korean, bound to a Korean work culture, with minimal acceptance/tolerance to Americans. If you are not Korean, you are mostly likely viewed as dumb, lazy, worthless, and a waste of space. To be fair, there were a couple Korean colleagues that did not share this point of view. However, since most upper management did, "showing face" is something they could not and would not do. Meaning, don't count on them to go to bat for you. This was probably the most disappointing and frustrating experience through it all. There were some highly intellectual individuals that were not Korean, who were capable of bringing a tremendous amount of upside to the company, working diligently on a daily basis to do so. Ultimately, being shut down due to their culture. And the numbers, are you kidding me! The constant manipulation of data was incredible! Nothing was honest, nothing at all. This was the most unethical, cheating-encouraged/expected place of work ever experienced. It is actually amazing how this company still functions with all of the worthless, made-up data being used. This place truly tested my ethical beliefs and boundaries, putting me in uncomfortable and scrutinized situations . I can't say I would recommend this company to others. But, if you do, good luck. I wish you the best.

Advice to Management

If you are going to continue being an international company, which i'm sure you are, adapt to other cultures. And, grow a pair while at it. Do what you believe is best for the company as a whole, which includes utilizing the diverse personnel who bring so much to the table.