LHC Group - It was an amazing place to Volunteer, I loved it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LHC Group

"It was an amazing place to Volunteer, I loved it."

Former Intern - Volunteer Medical Office Manager Assistant in Fayetteville, NC
Former Intern - Volunteer Medical Office Manager Assistant in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at LHC Group as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

The people there have the most amazing heart. It's like one big happy family.

Cons

I really did not experience anything negative while I was there at all.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing because it is working.

Other Employee Reviews for LHC Group

"Methodist Home Care - A LHC Group Company"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at LHC Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Monthly online CEU Courses. Corporate emails from president and administration at least twice a week. Uses Home Care Home Base on Software Tablet PCs.

Cons

Too many tasks fall on too few people. Depersonalization of the communication process between the office, field staff and Outcomes Coordinator while reducing administrative staffing to levels where much of the responsibility for accurate charting falls on the field clinician. LHC appears to have cut costs by putting more responsibility on the field staff while increasing quota requirements. Communication at the local office leads to missed information that field staff need prior to seeing patients. Too many late nights completing visits due to a large number of visits and not enough staff.

Advice to Management

Understand that clear communication with accurate information is a big part of improving productivity.

"Avoid if you want to keep your sanity"

Former Employee - Home Care Nurse in Springfield, TN
    Former Employee - Home Care Nurse in Springfield, TN

I worked at LHC Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

large company
    CEO sends out letters to each employee several times weekly to try a team building approach

Cons

lower pay than other home care agencies,poorly staffed,negative work environment, lacks compassion for employees,upper management of individual agencies have a do as I say, not as I do type of attitude

Advice to Management

Take a look at your agency managers. Many put on a good public face for you,but mistreat their employees. They encourage spying and gossip about other employees and take part in the gossip and defamation of character of other employees. The work environment is very negative and can at times
     be high- schoolish. There is favoritism,nepatism, at least at the location I was involved in. The manager recorded a conversation between herself and a physician without his knowledge or consent and then played the recording to many, if not all ,staff members. At the branch I was in, the manager had terminated at least 10 employees in the few years I worked there. Every one of those people were able to receive Unemployment benefits. You can only collect Unemployment benefits if you lose your job through no fault of your own. Which indicates that the company failed to provide sufficient evidence for work related misconduct. Carefully consider before putting yourself in this work environment.