LHC Group - Too hungry for money and expansion. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LHC Group

"Too hungry for money and expansion."

Current Employee - Carelink Call Center in Lafayette, LA
Current Employee - Carelink Call Center in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at LHC Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really believe that the founders and owners really expect for the company to live up to what it stands for..... compassion and patient care.

Cons

Some of management of the departments which have direct contact with the patients have forgotten about compassion and patient care and are more interested in numbers. Placing ridiculous goals on employees and giving them goals to meet as far as signing discharged patients back into their care. Even giving prizes to employees that can sign the most patient back into service. What started out as tele-monitoring, calling to check on patients, has turned into telemarketing.

Advice to Management

I would hope that someone in upper management would audit these practices and turn things around.

Other Employee Reviews for LHC Group

"Imposter Alert!!!!"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Plaquemine, LA
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Plaquemine, LA

I worked at LHC Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Patients are the Best

Cons

only care about the dollar... Want to stop paying mileage.. Marketers are crooks

Advice to Management

Look more to your field staff and your patients..

"It's all about patient care is a lie"

Former Employee - RN Team Leader in Auburn, AL
    Former Employee - RN Team Leader in Auburn, AL

I worked at LHC Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a RN Team Leader, I worked with some great clinicians who truly loved their patients and who turned in exceptional documentation.

Cons

I was salaried and generally worked about 60+ hours/ week and was never compensated for it. There are too many responsibilities put on the team leaders especially in a large office. The office I worked for was still on paper and it was too much and as with paper it comes up missing. The expectations placed on team leaders is too high and not attainable. The salary I had was not enough for all the time put into the job. The field clinicians salaries were not comparable to other home health agencies in the area.

Advice to Management

Really listen to your staff and study the pay rates around the area so the pay competitive. Review the team leader responsibilities and take some of the duties off of them.