Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Working here is like joining a cult.

Feb 19, 2015 - Floor Leader in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

•staff boxes •great customers •good training

Cons

•It feels like selling your soul for soap. •Horrible management. •No HR or regional managers to report illegal employment practices too. • Force employees to do facials and foot treatments with no gloves, sanitation or proper training. A girl I worked with got a serious skin condition as a result of this. •My manager left work early almost everyday and that left very little coverage on the floor. She clocked in and out from work at home.

Continue reading
    7 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    KEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.self_employ-current

Good Company

May 4, 2021 - Makeup Artist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I got 2 bonuses while working for Lush, & many free products and samples. Highly recommend as a starter career

Cons

Monotonous retail work, can feel remedial

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Pretty great for retail

Jun 23, 2021 - Store Manager in Newark, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a manager I am able to create a shop culture that feels good for my staff. Everyone is valued and listened to at a store level. My market leader is empathetic and supports my ideas. Retail is retail so there’s always cons with selling product in general but this is the best retail job I’ve had. Good benefits, 401k, vacation, and sick time.

Cons

Unable to staff to a level that would really support the store, staff can get burned out working on low coverage due to call outs or vacations. Sales staff are hired at too low of a wage and should be paid more for the amount of work they can do. Pay is on a wage grid and managers don’t have the ability to give raises for excellent work ethic or specialty roles. We miss out on great candidates because the pay is too low.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about LUSH North America.