LUZ - Best company in localization industry. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LUZ

"Best company in localization industry."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CO

I have been working at LUZ full-time

Pros

High-quality translation product.
Strong company culture
Ethical business practices
Employee morale is high

Cons

Growth may cause staffing issues

Other Employee Reviews for LUZ

1. "One of the good companies to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lausanne (Switzerland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lausanne (Switzerland)

I worked at LUZ full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at the Lausanne office of LUZ and my experience there was among the best ones that i've had. I had very talented, smart and dedicated colleagues, the management encouraged everyone to bring new ideas that would benefit the team and the company and there was no opposition displayed in the pursuit of these ideas. The founders are wonderful, very intelligent and very down to earth and this has translated into the kind of positive and supporting environment that was permeating the office.

Salary was good along with the benefits.
    Great office.
    Incredibly talented, smart and hard working colleagues.

Cons

I didn't experience any major drawbacks or shortcomings. Some frustrations with some clients (but that's all part of the game :) ) that could be addressed with some account management but nothing all too dramatic. I had a couple of experiences where our team has set itself up for "failure" that could have been easily averted but nobody has raised any concerns –acknowledgment of the risk was demonstrated but then groupthink set in and everyone just went along for the ride. People, in general, are encouraged to assert and express their concerns but only a couple of people engaged in said behavior and they could have gotten bored with raising flags. Hence, maybe it would be beneficial for management to consider or develop an active method of encouraging employees to be more assertive.

Advice to Management

The whole team is doing a great job, keep it up! I've seen only positive changes since I've joined the company. Patience and perseverance will yield great results.

"Great work product / Questionable upper management"

Pros

- Wonderful technology
    - Solid process in place
    - Some very good people working there
    - Good team events for employees
    - Excellent deliverables to clients

Cons

- Couple-run company, therefore not much any individual can change
    - Be wary of promises made, even those in writing - they have tendency to change on whims
    - Some upper management has an iron-fist style of management. All employees I spoke with have had similar experiences and fear this manager, but no one will say anything = less than productive exchanges
    - Very budget conscious, therefore usually hire inexperienced people for lower positions at minimum costs, leading to turnover within a few years

Advice to Management

- Have someone in place to filter the iron-fist. Makes employees much happier
    - Invest in longer term/more experienced workers, which may mean allowing offsite workers