LYRASIS - I don't recommend Lyrasis | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LYRASIS

"I don't recommend Lyrasis"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Lyrasis is big compared to some other regional library nonprofits, which may have certain advantages. Some great people work there.

Cons

Management is insular and not open to other ways of seeing things. In general, the year 2010 is a bad time to work for a library nonprofit due to the economic downturn.

Advice to Management

They couldn't hear it constructive criticism back last year, so I have no confidence that they'd hear it this year.

Other Employee Reviews for LYRASIS

1. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at LYRASIS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Library industry is undergoing massive change and LYRASIS is in the forefront. Much more than just collecting a paycheck, LYRASIS allows its employees room to innovate better products and services for Members. Benefits are superior to those offered by my former employers.

Cons

Because the Company gives employees much leeway in conducting their jobs, occasionally, a less motivated employee can take advantage of the situation.

Advice to Management

Top management needs to keep pushing forward and keep adapting to the changing library environment.

"A waste of my professional skills"

I worked at LYRASIS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The health benefits and paid time off were better than other organizations I have worked for in the past.

Cons

The Senior Leader in the organization has no business planning experience and is unable to focus the depleting company reserves on strategic initiatives to prevent future financial crisis. The company continues to have huge operating losses that are threatening the future financial viability of the company.

Advice to Management

The Board of Directors needs to have an outside firm identify the required skills and experience for the senior leadership and perform an unbiased search for candidates that have the appropriate experience and a proven track record in organizational change that can build a sustainable organization - before it's too late.