LYRASIS - My experience has not been challenging, and unsatisfactory in terms of my skills, background and experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LYRASIS

"My experience has not been challenging, and unsatisfactory in terms of my skills, background and experience."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great benefits package includes 4 weeks vacation, extremely liberal 403(b) employee match, great medical/dental coverage.

Cons

Environment tends to not be welcoming to outsiders (those not from library profession). Upper management tends to operate in a very "reactive" vs "proactive" manner. Experience, work ethic and proven skills don't seem to be taken into consideration regarding promotions, raises, etc.

Other Employee Reviews for LYRASIS

"I don't recommend Lyrasis"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Lyrasis is big compared to some other regional library nonprofits, which may have certain advantages. Some great people work there.

Cons

Management is insular and not open to other ways of seeing things. In general, the year 2010 is a bad time to work for a library nonprofit due to the economic downturn.

Advice to Management

They couldn't hear it constructive criticism back last year, so I have no confidence that they'd hear it this year.

2. "Change is going to come"

I have been working at LYRASIS full-time

Pros

I've worked for LYRASIS for almost 10 years and can honestly say the company is heading in a new direction. Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen....

Cons

If you're not from the library world, this experience will be eye-opening.