La Bella Baskets - gift consultant-still with the company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for La Bella Baskets

"gift consultant-still with the company"

Current Employee - Gift Director in New Braunfels, TX
Current Employee - Gift Director in New Braunfels, TX

I have been working at La Bella Baskets part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Just hit one-year mark...Low monthly fee for the package of website development & upkeep,24/7 online training Paying$24.95 for all that they do is , in my opinion, a drop in the bucket compared to other work at home biz. Company mission is great, and they follow through. Not a get rich program , not by a long shot, but you do get paid a reasonable commison

Cons

I have NEVER spoken with my sponsor, And that makes me want to be better with my team members.frequently

Advice to Management

I think the generic website could be updated, maybe have 2 or 3 standard choices for us to choose from, just like a haircut, not one type is appealing for all

Other Employee Reviews for La Bella Baskets

"Impressed with La Bella!"

Current Employee - Senior Gift Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Gift Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at La Bella Baskets part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The leadership and training is incredible! I've had a few questions and each time I've picked up the phone, I've had courteous and knowledgeable assistance. I am very impressed with the system, the training and the ease of signing up new consultants, ordering baskets and working with smiling faces1 This business is a fun business, not a rocket science and everyone buys and gives gifts so there is a need! It also offers great tax benefits and the financial investment is the lowest I have seen to start a profitable business. I've been in other businesses similar, but all of them include a personal investment in having products on hand and having parties and purchasing samples. I'm excited to be a part of this 4 year old company,.. Timing is great.. the company is 4 years new, so lots of room for growth and expansion!

Cons

The only challenge I have is that I can't stay away from my new business adventure! I love LaBella Baskets!

Advice to Management

I'd like to see more shipping options in the ordering form showing the approximate date to expect delivery. Maybe a dropdown box for each basket showing the approximate timeline.

"Don't expect for a home business to grow overnight !!"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at La Bella Baskets part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with since May 2013, and here is my experience. I started looking for a home based business a couple of years ago when I grew sick and tired of working for other people. I was working for an incompetent guy at the time who thought himself a big "entrepreneur". After working for him for 6 years, where he almost drove his business into the ground TWICE, I decided I wanted to be my own boss.​

That, together with the fact I was living in a remote area - a small community in the Mojave desert, California - it really drove my desire to finding some great. There was a fair driving distance to the nearest city where the decent paid jobs were, so I found myself not only wanting, but really NEEDING a home based business.

So I started to look around, and it took me a while to eliminate the scams from the genuine opportunities, and then the businesses I would be interested in versus what I knew I would be good at.

I looked into being a virtual assistant, and online support for well known logistics companies. But living in a remote area, I just didn't have the internet speed needed, so they were eliminated from my list. Also eliminated were jobs where I would need to write - online reviews, blogging - I knew reading & writing reviews just weren't for me.

I did actually try the "get paid for watching ads". Basically you get paid for watching ads ranging between 3 and 30 seconds. But you get paid a portion of a penny at a time so it takes hours to build up even $5.

I tried the paid online surveys, but got two or three pages into doing them before I was told I did not meet the criteria to continue with the survey - so I never got paid anything even for all those questions I had conveniently answered!

I also tried the writing reviews for listening to new songs. Very enjoyable - and paid OK compared to the other two. But you have to be a creative writer (again, I'm not a fan of writing) and have the ear to appreciate everything that going on in the record - not just the vocals or the guitar - you have to be able to comment on it all.

Next I found another home based business selling "green" products with Melaleuca. I will not to say anything bad about the company, as I almost signed up with them. I liked their ethics, but I didn't like the idea of having to purchase around $60 worth of products every month myself. There is no way I could take advantage of all those items because I don't have a family - it's just me and my husband in our household. So I figured a big chunk of profits would be swallowed up each month unnecessarily. Nothing bad about the company - it just didn't suit my needs.

Then, thank goodness, I found La Bella Baskets. A very affordable business opportunity at just $24.95 per month, beautiful products that you can have complete confidence in selling, 5 ways to earn an income, no need to buy any inventory or kits yourself easy to do (marketing & promoting), excellent training & support and overall, very fun.

Of course having been through everything, I did my due diligence and still researched the company over several weeks by reading reviews and testimonials before I decided to go for it. I signed up in May 2013 and can tell you from my experience that I am so glad I did. It is not a get rich quick scheme. It takes time, patience, persistence and consistency, but the business module does really work.

I chose to concentrate on Team Leadership, and love sharing information about the business to others. It is a great pleasure to mentor my team and help them build their own businesses. My cheques are growing each month and I can't wait to see where I will be in a year's time.

Also, why wouldn't everyone have a home office - the tax breaks alone make it worthwhile.

Cons

Although the work is fun, it really does take time to build up your contacts and clients, so DON'T expect too much too soon, and DO be patient and consistent. I find it a huge shame when people give up after just 1 month! They haven't even given themselves time to go through the training!

Advice to Management

Go Global !!!