La Clinica de La Raza - Lots of good people, good work, and employee training. Mixed experience depending on where you work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for La Clinica de La Raza

"Lots of good people, good work, and employee training. Mixed experience depending on where you work"

Pros

Flexibility in terms of multiple departments and locations if you have the kind of job needed around the organization. Lots of training opportunities, especially for the managers. Some departments have a strong family or community feeling. I think many managers try hard to do the right thing. Commitment to the community, employee wellness program, pretty good benefits, some buildings nice to work in.

Cons

Non profit pay scale. Can be super gossipy depending on the department. Management seems to have a hard time firing people who should be fired. Not always an emotionally healthy place too work. It depends a lot on your manager and how mature your co-workers are.

Advice to Management

Let us know what's going on more often. Hold managers accountable to support staff. Get rid of people who aren't helping our patients or are being respectful to patients or co-workers. Provide more employee training, vacation time and extended sick leave.

Other Employee Reviews for La Clinica de La Raza

"Good company. Great people. Meaningful work.""

I have been working at La Clinica de La Raza full-time

Pros

Dedicated employees. Mission driven. Grassroots. Administrative employees are able to flex their positions to fit their strengths. Dedicated to improving the skills of managers and supervisors. Seeks to hire from the communities it serves. Fair wages, especially for a nonprofit. The CEO is warm and approachable, as are most of the executives.

Cons

Needs to focus on bringing together executives, doctors, frontline workers, tech and facilities employees to reduced perceived preferential treatment and give all employees a company-wide perspective that is communicated not just from the top down, but from the ground up. But that is the case in most companies. The only reason I think it is more important to focus on it at LC is because of the history and mission of the organization.
    Needs to hire more diversely from the communities it serves. Sometimes gives potential newcomers the impression that it only serves Spanish speakers.

Advice to Management

Offer cross language classes where English speakers, Spanish speakers, and speakers of Asian languages are teaching each other. Encourage participation of employees at all levels of the organization. Start a two-way mentoring program for new employees, particularly ones from populations which are under-respresented in the organization.

2. "Lots of red tape but we do great work"

Current Employee - Health Educator II in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Health Educator II in Oakland, CA

I have been working at La Clinica de La Raza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great mission, I love our patients. My personal supervisor tries hard to make employees feel valued. Good medical coverage, some education benefits

Cons

Any projects take eons to be approved by higher ups. Our clinic lacks basic things and is very unattractive. LC is a huge organization that is more focused on being safe than expanding and improving services

Advice to Management

Check in with the employees who do the day to day grind on the clinic floor, management seems out of touch with the reality.