La Clinica de La Raza - Lots of good people, good work, and employee training. Mixed experience depending on where you work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for La Clinica de La Raza

"Lots of good people, good work, and employee training. Mixed experience depending on where you work"

Pros

Flexibility in terms of multiple departments and locations if you have the kind of job needed around the organization. Lots of training opportunities, especially for the managers. Some departments have a strong family or community feeling. I think many managers try hard to do the right thing. Commitment to the community, employee wellness program, pretty good benefits, some buildings nice to work in.

Cons

Non profit pay scale. Can be super gossipy depending on the department. Management seems to have a hard time firing people who should be fired. Not always an emotionally healthy place too work. It depends a lot on your manager and how mature your co-workers are.

Advice to Management

Let us know what's going on more often. Hold managers accountable to support staff. Get rid of people who aren't helping our patients or are being respectful to patients or co-workers. Provide more employee training, vacation time and extended sick leave.

Other Employee Reviews for La Clinica de La Raza

"Great Benefits, Yet awful disrespectful people"

Current Employee - Human Service Specialist in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Human Service Specialist in Oakland, CA

I have been working at La Clinica de La Raza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will hire family members, which is considerate and family oriented

Cons

Demoralization, no appearance of leadership, very poor use of politics , not enough work balance, supervisors abuse authority and are not held responsible for there dishonesty, which in turn will cause an employee to spiral out of control.

Advice to Management

Please consider valuing the accomplishments and utilizing a persons ability to get the job done. Hold every employee responsible for their actions.

"A Very Racist Experience"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Oakland, CA

I worked at La Clinica de La Raza part-time (More than a year)

Pros

La Clinica is one of the higher paying "safety net" clinics. It is one of the few places where you can still get a 40 hour work-week with benefits. You also get to enjoy weekends, and holidays, since the clinic is closed on those days.

Cons

La Clinica is a great place to work, but only of you are Mexican. They rarely hire other Latinos, and if you are dark-skinned, you will have a hard time even getting through security to report to work. The security guard harassed me every day, as I was the only African American who worked in the entire clinic. I witnessed many occasions where African American patients were condescended to, and bad-mouthed by staff. The patients also had many racist comments, such as "you are very pretty, to be black". I also had to constantly defend myself and explain "WHY is spoke Spanish".