La Fosse Associates - Senior Consultant | Glassdoor

"Senior Consultant"

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time

Pros

- A great platform to earn a lot of money (not without hard work and commitment), however a lot more than recruitment average & not having to be 30+ a director to earn it. - Tranaparent commission structure - 33% - Big brand - 9/10 times, when I pick up the phone, candidates and clients know who we are, having previously delivered, this is a good thing & instantly feels like a warm call. - Internal L&D team who are pretty decent and will offer range of training (just ask for it). - They back you if you deliver & give you autonomy to hire, build new markets etc. - New CEO (promoted from MD) sits on sales floor, as do Directors etc. - Perks (shares (if we sell), free gym, monthly massage, fruit/croissants in the morning, annual ski trip, Friday drink (s) etc. - 99% of the people are sound and will be friends (very socialable environment) you will be guaranteed to make a friend for life along the way too. - Good environment, there's no sharky business that takes place like what from you here at other agencies. No candisate ownership and cross sold culture where you're financially incentivised. - Genuine candidate care aim, candidates come friends, there's no internal ownership, our only KPI is getting back to candidates which is the right thing to do and massively appreciated.

Cons

- Hangover effect from a tricky period of ambitious growth, whereby several bad hires were made. - No working from home (for those that it may appeal to, personally, I'm not bothered) culture. - CRM system - we need an upgrade. Please. Having said this - these are all fixable and at the beating core, LFA is definitely one of the best outfits out there & an amazing opportunity to build your career.

Advice to Management

Keep giving those that deliver and are hungry and ambitious the opportunities to develop and take on senior positions. Promote from within sends out good sign to others. Consider light KPI's to maintain a high performance culture & working environment.

La Fosse Associates2017-08-31

"Wonderful Experience"

Current Employee - Project Assistant & Team Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

This has been my first job out of college, and I would definitely recommend to anyone just joining the workforce. The environment at La Fosse is super supportive and inclusive, which allows you to grow and develop quickly. It's not easy work, but you are pushed in the best way possible. One of the big pros is that my individual development is clearly defined, and I am aware of my goals and expectations. There is also no corporate hierarchy and top management is approachable and invests time in all their employees. I am able to constantly communicate with management about questions/suggestions. All around great experience so far!

Cons

None about the company whatsoever. Recruitment is hard work though, so resilience is definitely essential.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. It's much appreciated that every employee's opinion has strong value!

La Fosse Associates2017-08-18

"Super supportive and ambitious environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really supportive culture - if you have an idea for something internally or want to change directions within the company they'll support you to do so. Worth noting that they're really supportive outside of work too if ever people are having personal difficulties. Culture is big on the agenda, but comes down to rewarding people for their work, supporting ambition, and generally being a nice place to work with nice people. Just got back from our company ski trip where they sent 130 of us to the slopes for a couple of days which was a great chance to bond with people from other teams etc. which always gets a bit harder as the company grows. The role can be hard at times - it's recruitment after all, but the commission scheme rewards good work, and the company recognises those going through trickier times and will offer additional training and support where they can - but asks for a good work ethic in return. Fantastic management at the top - really clued in to the business, and really open. The MD sits on the floor in an open-desk environment and will genuinely make the time for you and listen if you need it.

Cons

Company grew really quickly last year and with that there will always be changes which people need to adapt to. Having said that, all teething problems are are always addressed and rectified.

Advice to Management

Appreciate it'snot easy - keep it up! Look forward to more international expansions - they're an exciting opportunity for people in the business! :)

La Fosse Associates2017-03-20

Discover more reviews about La Fosse Associates.