La Fosse Associates - La Fosse champions diversity in the workplace | Glassdoor

"La Fosse champions diversity in the workplace"

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time

Pros

Having recently graduated from university, I had mainly heard horror stories about what the world of recruitment would be like. I had done my homework on La Fosse, however I was still unprepared for how genuine the working environment would actually be compared to others. I could go on about the Ski trip and Gym benefits, but for me it's the small things that make a massive difference. There is a really positive attitude towards women in the work place, with a lot of women in senior roles. It's also demonstrated on a smaller scale by having sanitary pads and things in the toilets, which is such a small thing but it's incredibly thoughtful and clearly someone has put effort and money into making women feel comfortable in the workplace. Another little thing I like is the kitchen which is well stocked with free fruit and little pastries in the morning, and lots of different types of milk from lactose free to almond milk. The ops team have clearly put a lot of thought into providing for everyone and making sure everyone's needs are looked after.

Cons

Honestly, I did feel the long hours when I joined but everything that can be done to make it more bearable is- getting to leave early on Fridays really helps too.

La Fosse Associates2017-10-24

"Wonderful Experience"

Current Employee - Project Assistant & Team Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

This has been my first job out of college, and I would definitely recommend to anyone just joining the workforce. The environment at La Fosse is super supportive and inclusive, which allows you to grow and develop quickly. It's not easy work, but you are pushed in the best way possible. One of the big pros is that my individual development is clearly defined, and I am aware of my goals and expectations. There is also no corporate hierarchy and top management is approachable and invests time in all their employees. I am able to constantly communicate with management about questions/suggestions. All around great experience so far!

Cons

None about the company whatsoever. Recruitment is hard work though, so resilience is definitely essential.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. It's much appreciated that every employee's opinion has strong value!

La Fosse Associates2017-08-18

"Super supportive and ambitious environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really supportive culture - if you have an idea for something internally or want to change directions within the company they'll support you to do so. Worth noting that they're really supportive outside of work too if ever people are having personal difficulties. Culture is big on the agenda, but comes down to rewarding people for their work, supporting ambition, and generally being a nice place to work with nice people. Just got back from our company ski trip where they sent 130 of us to the slopes for a couple of days which was a great chance to bond with people from other teams etc. which always gets a bit harder as the company grows. The role can be hard at times - it's recruitment after all, but the commission scheme rewards good work, and the company recognises those going through trickier times and will offer additional training and support where they can - but asks for a good work ethic in return. Fantastic management at the top - really clued in to the business, and really open. The MD sits on the floor in an open-desk environment and will genuinely make the time for you and listen if you need it.

Cons

Company grew really quickly last year and with that there will always be changes which people need to adapt to. Having said that, all teething problems are are always addressed and rectified.

Advice to Management

Appreciate it'snot easy - keep it up! Look forward to more international expansions - they're an exciting opportunity for people in the business! :)

La Fosse Associates2017-03-20

Discover more reviews about La Fosse Associates.