La Fosse Associates - Good but not great | Glassdoor

"Good but not great"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at La Fosse Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fast growing business
dynamic sales force
backed by a well known and well respected individual

Cons

structure of business is heavy on the outward facing, lead generation, job flow activity
not enough consultants placing the opportunities that are coming in to the business
too many graduates being hired as resourcers for roles instead of existing industry experts

Advice to Management

hire more senior level experienced players within a technical recruitment field, instead of just pushing people through at a junior level. A danger is creating a production line of individuals who are all trained the same way, with the same thought, same strengths but equally the same weaknesses

Other Employee Reviews for La Fosse Associates

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time

Pros

I have previous recruitment experience and can honesty say that La Fosse is the best place I have worked in my career so far. I joined the company specifically to surround myself with top recruiters and inspiring managers and I have not been disappointed. There is a warm collaborative feeling from day one and everyone is willing to help you as you work to understand the existing client base and case studies.

I never truly understood the value of culture or what great culture looked like. It's extremely hard to get this right when a company is growing at pace. Having been at La Fosse now for nearly three months, my understanding of culture, what this truly means and what a great place to work looks and feels like is now very real.

We have a CEO who has built a business based on treating people well. I now have a CEO and Senior Managers who are very in touch with their industry and employees and whom you trust will always do the right thing for your career. Every day I work along side like minded industry expert recruiters who go above and beyond to do the best job they possibly can. The Managers here truly understand the recruitment industry and offer advice, guidance and support at every opportunity. They do not manage by fear or hierarchy but by experience and kindness. I have learned more here in three months than I learned in the last 12 months in my previous role and would highly recommend this environment to a senior consultant, grad or anyone in between that was looking for a professional, mature and overall great place to work.

Cons

Everyone here is amazing at their job. It can be slightly overwhelming. There is nowhere to hide in a small organisation and you need to be best in class to succeed. However there is plenty of support and training to make sure that you achieve this.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - you are all excellent leaders and I am learning from you on a daily basis. I joined La Fosse because you guys inspire me and I want to work alongside you as visionaries in this industry. Don't loose touch with front line recruitment as so many directors in this industry do. Never manage on KPI's - It's lazy, impersonal and drives the wrong behaviors - I know you won't!

La Fosse Associates Response

Feb 17, 2017 – CEO

Wow. Thank you for taking the time to write this. Knowing how much the culture is appreciated is exactly the thing that inspires us to continue to focus on it. Thanks also for the advice WRT staying ... More

2. "Wish I never had to leave!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at La Fosse Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture and attitude toward employee wellbeing and development - I've had training at least 1-2 times per week since starting 7 months ago, with a clear outline of the potential for career progression as a motivator. None of the sink or swim method I was afraid of in my first real job!
    Great balance of autonomy to be creative in building out your own specialism or brand with close management and support from managers and other experienced people across the business.
    A great ethos and brand to be a part of, something to be proud of in the marketplace.

Cons

As is common in the recruitment industry, the hours are quite long, especially whilst waiting for the commission structure to kick in post-promotion. However, there's quite a community feel there after hours and time management training is also available!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I'm genuinely gutted to be leaving (especially as I miss the annual company ski trip!) and hope to see you continue your great success in years to come.

La Fosse Associates Response

Feb 17, 2017 – CEO

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this after you've left. Thanks for feedback on on the training team...it will have made their week. Sorry you've missed the trip...we'll raise a glass to ... More