La Fosse Associates - Initial impressions are all positive... even better than I had expected | Glassdoor

"Initial impressions are all positive... even better than I had expected"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked in the rec industry for 7 years now, starting out with the biggest name in the UK and then moved in to boutique and more specialist firms. La Fosse seem to have the right balance between the corporate FTSE 250 and the boutique family feel. I've only been here a month, but thought right to share my initial impressions - I know from experience that you get a 'vibe' from a company immediately, even at interview stage. I'm treated like an adult, surrounded and supported by the biggest billers in London and have the managerial support to go along with it. The commission heavily outweighs any other package I've looked at in the past and the incentives (ski trip, days out, summer party) are just the icing on the cake. It's easy for a junior recruiter to join a firm and become brainwashed at a new business, but take it from a guy that's been there and done it - I feel proud to be a part of the best in the business and look forward to developing my career further at La Fosse.

Cons

There's a level of expectation because everyone else around you is doing well, but it has certainly given me a wake up call as to what hard work actually looks like!

Advice to Management

Keep supporting managers as much as big billers, enabling them to deliver on other important factors - not just bottom line.

La Fosse Associates2019-08-29

"Wonderful Experience"

Current Employee - Project Assistant & Team Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

This has been my first job out of college, and I would definitely recommend to anyone just joining the workforce. The environment at La Fosse is super supportive and inclusive, which allows you to grow and develop quickly. It's not easy work, but you are pushed in the best way possible. One of the big pros is that my individual development is clearly defined, and I am aware of my goals and expectations. There is also no corporate hierarchy and top management is approachable and invests time in all their employees. I am able to constantly communicate with management about questions/suggestions. All around great experience so far!

Cons

None about the company whatsoever. Recruitment is hard work though, so resilience is definitely essential.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. It's much appreciated that every employee's opinion has strong value!

La Fosse Associates2017-08-18

"Super supportive and ambitious environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really supportive culture - if you have an idea for something internally or want to change directions within the company they'll support you to do so. Worth noting that they're really supportive outside of work too if ever people are having personal difficulties. Culture is big on the agenda, but comes down to rewarding people for their work, supporting ambition, and generally being a nice place to work with nice people. Just got back from our company ski trip where they sent 130 of us to the slopes for a couple of days which was a great chance to bond with people from other teams etc. which always gets a bit harder as the company grows. The role can be hard at times - it's recruitment after all, but the commission scheme rewards good work, and the company recognises those going through trickier times and will offer additional training and support where they can - but asks for a good work ethic in return. Fantastic management at the top - really clued in to the business, and really open. The MD sits on the floor in an open-desk environment and will genuinely make the time for you and listen if you need it.

Cons

Company grew really quickly last year and with that there will always be changes which people need to adapt to. Having said that, all teething problems are are always addressed and rectified.

Advice to Management

Appreciate it'snot easy - keep it up! Look forward to more international expansions - they're an exciting opportunity for people in the business! :)

La Fosse Associates2017-03-20

Discover more reviews about La Fosse Associates.