La Jolla Group - Don't solicit for positive reviews! | Glassdoor

"Don't solicit for positive reviews!"

I worked at La Jolla Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

My review does not pertain to this.

Cons

A year ago, while I was working I received a phone call from HR asking me if I could please leave a positive review on Glassdoor so they could get their rating up. I was told by HR that I am a very happy person and that they believe I enjoy working there. HR informed me that they only call employees that seem happy and don't call the disgruntled ones. Little did they know I didn't like working there and I was actively looking for other jobs. I find it very dishonest that this company asks their employees to write good reviews. It is very misleading for job seekers, but also hilariously obvious when you see a slew of 5-10 positive reviews on the same day after a negative review is posted. For example, Oct. 3 has multiple reviews in a row. It’s not a coincidence. But it is up to potential candidates to determine what is and is not real when they read through Glassdoor reviews. I saw a negative review posted on here, on Sept. 3rd, from a former employee a few months back and that person's review is completely accurate of how this company runs. The work environment is very unprofessional. HR is a mess and nothing is confidential. One of the personnel on the HR team is tremendously unprofessional and grossly unprincipled. Honestly, the HR team is far below the standards expected in that department. Take what you will from this review, but here is another honest negative review from one of your former employees that you thought was happy. I guess you called the wrong person.

Advice to Management

-Don't solicit positive reviews from your employees. -I think it’s time to rethink who you have on your HR team, let go, and hire new HR personnel. -The executive team and HR team are all chummy and will probably always be there. I don’t believe anyone will be able to move up into their positions. No room for growth.

La Jolla Group2019-02-14

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Graphic Designer"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at La Jolla Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Where I cut my teeth as an artist

Cons

Big company easy to get overshadowed

La Jolla Group2019-10-18
  2. "good place to work, lots of freedom"

Current Employee - Sales Administrator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at La Jolla Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

People are young and motivated

Cons

need more communication between employees

La Jolla Group2020-01-17

Discover more reviews about La Jolla Group.