La Petite Academy - La Petite Acadmey | Glassdoor

"La Petite Acadmey"

Pros

Everyone cares and loves the children who come here.

Cons

Communication between management and staff needs improvement. There is definite favoritism going on as well. Staff to parent communication needs improvement in some classrooms.

Other Employee Reviews for La Petite Academy

"Pleasantly impressed"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at La Petite Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working for La Petite Academy for over 6 months now, and I love it. You just have to go in prepared to do what you are told. Most days you will have the same schedule and be in the same class room the same times, but then there are those off days where things have to change. If you go in ready for anything, you will be less frustrated when things don't work out.

Some great things are:

*Descent Pay scale
    *Pleasant People
    *Lots of help from corporate
    *Benefits for Full time employees

Cons

I do see were some of the reviews have a problem with the company. However, my position is low management and I can tell you some of the things are even out of the companies hands. Such as the complaint about under staffing, now over the last month we have hired 5 people and 3 of them left with out notice.

Some not to great things are:

*No benefits for part time people
    *Problems with staff retention
    *Limited full time positions

Advice to Management

better pay scale increases for milestones in the company

"I was miserable and feel that management almost ruined my whole view of the company"

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher/Floater in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher/Floater in Omaha, NE

I worked at La Petite Academy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The relationships with the children; making a difference in kids' life; making parents feel good by building a rapport with them so they know they can trust you with their child all day. Also the rewards of teaching, watching your students grow as individuals.

Cons

Little to no on-the-job training-- mostly just expected to read stacks upon stacks of paper packets of information to learn the job, then sink or swim when getting out on the floor.

Advice to Management

Care about your staff. They are who keep the school running. If some one is incredibly ill, or has another major stressor going on in their life, show some human compassion for them. Don't just pretend like you care when all you are really concerned with is when they will be able to work again.

Don't treat your staff-- who are all competent, grown adults-- like they are children. Don't insult them and/or literally yell at them because it is very ineffective management and no one will ever want to work for you.