La-Z-Boy - I Love Furniture and Fabrics but Unstable Management and Low Pay | Glassdoor

"I Love Furniture and Fabrics but Unstable Management and Low Pay"

Design Assistant

I have been working at La-Z-Boy

Pros

Can be a creative environment, I like working with furniture and fabrics, many days are low volume so it doesn't seem very stressful and rushed, the opportunity to advance is extraordinary high (but this might be a sign of a bad thing for the company in general).

Cons

Unprofessional/bad attitude store management, upper management makes poor business choices, they thrive on this "no pressure environment" but there is way too much pressure on the part-time employees even though there is no commission or bonus structure for them. The manager doesn't seem to relay messages to customers on late or even cancelled furniture, which creates angry customers who let their anger out on anyone they talk to at the store. As the design assistant, you make the same pay as the sales associates yet you are given the tasks of basically doing all the head designer's work plus all the tasks of the sales associates. We are always low staffed because employees don't last long (including management) so on a normal day it is hard to find the time to work on home designs when you have to be selling on the floor too. My store hasn't felt stable since I worked there.

Advice to Management

Communicate to both employees and customers with a positive, friendly tone. Most of the time, people don't quit jobs they quit their bosses. You would keep employees around longer if the environment was better, which makes for higher quality and better educated staff, which would generate better sales.

La-Z-Boy2016-02-01

"Great"

Current Employee - In Home Designer in Attleboro, MA

I have been working at La-Z-Boy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment, and everyone on the team helps eachother succeed. Easy to move up in the company.

Cons

Commission percent not that great on slower weeks/months

La-Z-Boy2019-05-30
  2. "Great work"

Current Employee - Order Picker

I have been working at La-Z-Boy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay and plenty overtime

Cons

Too much overtime and hard work

La-Z-Boy2020-01-06

Discover more reviews about La-Z-Boy.