LaSalle Network - Sweatshop | Glassdoor

"Sweatshop"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Their locations are spread out nicely for candidates around the surrounding suburbs of Chicago to conveniently interview. They are successful because they work extremely hard, but are not compensated for it.

Cons

They hire young professionals out of college that are eager and ready to work their tails off for just about minimum wage. They sell you on the bonus structure and how much opportunity and potential for career progression there is and then do not deliver. I2-14 hour days, no lunch break, and barely enough money to live off of. No thank you.

Advice to Management

Pay employees more than minimum wage

Other Employee Reviews for LaSalle Network

"Oak Brook location"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

Appearance seemed somewhat professional and attentive

Cons

I am a job seeker and used this as a temp agency. I was referred to this branch by the Chicago location since I am located in the burbs and didn't want to go to the downtown branch. The women are around their 20s-30s and the main recruiter has yet to respond back to me even after leaving her a voicemail once and tried to get in touch with her prior by email and phone, but she's always unavailable. Never received the assessments from her or anyone else that interviewed me (1 other girl/woman interviewed me). There was no mention of the assessments until I brought it up. I would try the downtown Chicago branch, they are more attentive and easily able to reach, stay clear from this branch.

Advice to Management

Be more attentive & available. At least respond back via email acknowledging that you received my messages from your voicemail or email.

"Unprofessional atmosphere in the back of the house"

Former Employee - Recruiter/Researcher in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Researcher in Chicago, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

Colleagues were friendly and for the most part there to help.

Cons

The company tends to hire fresh grads with absolutely no experience as Project "Managers". It was frustrating putting in strong effort for months on end while watching college grads with absolutely no experience other than a possible two month internship being brought in directly into a position that I had been working towards for months. The CEO says he does not "micromanage" however he spends most of his day walking around the office jumping on people's desks, singing, cursing..i could go on and on. The best way that I could describe the company is "unprofessional high school cult".

Advice to Management

Give more respect to your employees. Appreciate their hard work and reward it rather than insulting them by giving their next promotion to a fresh grad with no experience what so ever.