LaSalle Network - Culture Above All Else | Glassdoor

"Culture Above All Else"

I worked at LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office is nice, and employees are friendly. Many employees are hard working and good at what they do. Those are really the only plus points

Cons

The company values culture more than any other company I have seen. While that is not necessarily a bad thing, they take it a bit too far. Culture and social interaction with other employees is sometimes valued higher than the work that needs to be accomplished, and if you do not fit the culture to a T, that in itself can be grounds for them to let you go. It feels somewhat like the "popular girls" in high school. If you are not just like the popular girls you are out. Compensation is below average. The hours can be long if you do not live in the city (you can expect to get to work at 7:30am and you will leave at 6:00pm at the very earliest). There is equal importance placed on completing heavy workloads and the obligation to socialize and get to know all of your coworkers on a deep level every day (which there often isn't time to do both). It takes a very very specific kind of person to stay at this company

Advice to Management

Relax on the company culture aspect a little bit

Other Employee Reviews for LaSalle Network

1. "Very nice people who do a good job at making temps feel valued"

Former Contractor - Contract Temp Employee in Itasca, IL
    Former Contractor - Contract Temp Employee in Itasca, IL

I worked at LaSalle Network as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone I interacted with at this company when I worked for them as a temp was very friendly and helpful. In many ways they treated me as if I was a customer - unlike other temp agencies that act like they are doing you a favor. For example, I did not sign up for direct deposit and Kitty came to my location EVERY WEEK to hand deliver my check. I'd recommend this agency to anyone who's having trouble finding steady work. They placed me with a great company where I am still happily employed today.

Cons

They do offer benefits, but the benefits are pricey and not good. That said, I wouldn't expect a good benefits package from a temp agency.

Advice to Management

Continue staying true to your culture - it's a differentiator in the marketplace.

LaSalle Network Response

Jun 27, 2014 – Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your feedback. Glad you enjoyed your experience with LaSalle!

2. "Great People"

Pros

The office culture is great. Youthful environment. Project management team consists of amazing women who are passionate about their jobs. Overall, a great experience.

Cons

There was a high-turnaround of Recruiters. Most are college students or recent grads trying to making a paycheck. The pay was low. There were no opportunities to move up from a Recruiter level considering most of us were only temp-to-hire employees.

Advice to Management

Allow your Recruiters to be considered and feel an active part of the team.