Lafayette 148 New York - Not great expirence !! People are stiff! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lafayette 148 New York

"Not great expirence !! People are stiff!"

Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I worked at Lafayette 148 New York full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Few cool people, Cool office, casual dress, not much else.

Cons

-There is minimal job training and support from management- the induction period felt more as if I was under investigation as opposed to being trained to do a job. Perhaps this is because the management felt they owned the company and the fear that young crowd will take over with the new approaches. My manager was paranoid every time I spoke to vendors. He doesn't trust anyone besides himself. He thought  he was more clever then anyone else around him, he was constantly rambling and haven't shown any progress. He wasn't a great mentor. He didn't know how to bring the best out of the people. They spend huge amounts of time and resources making sure everyone "fits in" with the the culture - cover your tattoos! At the end of the day I felt like an outsider and lost because I wasn't receiving help from anyone when I asked for it and I never understood what role I was playing in the company.  Expect to have your email and calendars monitored.

Advice to Management

Give your employees a little more freedom.

Other Employee Reviews for Lafayette 148 New York

1. "Financial analyst intern"

Current Intern - Intern
    Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Lafayette 148 New York as an intern

Pros

It was great to see the operations of a pretty sizable company.

Cons

Lot of downtime where I was not sure what I should be doing, or if it was helpful to upper management.

Advice to Management

Have a little more structure to the internship program

2. "MEAN GIRLS THE SEQUEL"

I have been working at Lafayette 148 New York full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good facade of a company that knows what they are doing. If you learn to be a "yes person" and keep your mouth shut, you will suceed.

Cons

Way too many cooks in the kitchen here. Numerous times I have experienced and seen my staff be given a project with a short deadline. Then when the project is completed ahead of short deadline be asked to scrap and change said project over 5 times before the short deadline is over. Meanwhile more projects are coming in so you are constantly overloaded with work and then being asked to change what was originally requested only because the idea hadn't been flushed out yet between the 5-6 people who all get a say on approval. Besides being unprofessional and a waste of time this "keep changing the project" system, allows HR to sit you down and recommend that you and your staff be more "proactive". When you explain to HR you and your team's actions within the ridiculous system, they purse their lips and encourage you to do better BECAUSE they are friends with the CEO. Besides HR being extremely one sided, it is high school all over again within upper management.
    At times I feel like I'm living in a Mean Girls sequel. I have seen grown adults gang up on each other and supportive staff just because they don't like them. The women are catty and have been known make fun of one another based on their clothes (THAT THE COMPANY PRODUCES!) or styling choice. Way to support each other ladies. I have witnessed a VP sabotage a work trip and in order to gossip and blame an assistant just to get them fired, since they didn't like him. I have also seen VPs lie in meetings multiple times about what they said or did just to save themselves and then get praised for a job well down.
    This might be OK if the managers actually knew what they were doing. A lot of the "Mean Girls" were promoted over time, not skill, and they lack the skills on how to manage projects and employees. I guess that's what happens when the CEO hires all their friends to be VPs.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your friends and hire competent people who don't have a problem saying no to you when you're obviously wrong. HR should able to listen and help the employees and not always take the CEO's side.