Lafayette 148 New York - Not great expirence !! People are stiff! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lafayette 148 New York

"Not great expirence !! People are stiff!"

Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I worked at Lafayette 148 New York full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Few cool people, Cool office, casual dress, not much else.

Cons

-There is minimal job training and support from management- the induction period felt more as if I was under investigation as opposed to being trained to do a job. Perhaps this is because the management felt they owned the company and the fear that young crowd will take over with the new approaches. My manager was paranoid every time I spoke to vendors. He doesn't trust anyone besides himself. He thought  he was more clever then anyone else around him, he was constantly rambling and haven't shown any progress. He wasn't a great mentor. He didn't know how to bring the best out of the people. They spend huge amounts of time and resources making sure everyone "fits in" with the the culture - cover your tattoos! At the end of the day I felt like an outsider and lost because I wasn't receiving help from anyone when I asked for it and I never understood what role I was playing in the company.  Expect to have your email and calendars monitored.

Advice to Management

Give your employees a little more freedom.

Other Employee Reviews for Lafayette 148 New York

1. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Field and Market Coordinator
    Current Employee - Field and Market Coordinator

I have been working at Lafayette 148 New York part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very high ratio of female employees. Very down to earth executives.

Cons

I have no cons to add.

2. "Worse day to day"

I worked at Lafayette 148 New York full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Casual dress code, located close to trains, generously lavish approach to sales/selling.

Cons

Upper management, "HR", professionalism, Removed from reality attitude, lack of overall kindness

Advice to Management

Do something or don't do anything. 95% of current managers lack basic problem solving/ planning & communication skills. Managers are promoted based on time instead of skill. HR needs a complete overhaul.

STOP hiring individuals who are unqualified or relatives because they physically look the part. Most employees are women who feel entitled to everything from anyone & thrive on drama. They gang up and target anyone who doesn't fit in. Lots of gossipy cliques that VPs and management encourage and foster environments for them to manifest in. The disheartening part is the HR department will do anything to discredit a complaint against the in crowd/cool kids. But if I were the head of HR at my close friends company would I be biased too?

There are employees who could take the company so far, but their potential is overshadowed by factors that shouldn't matter. The company is not set up to support true talent and a positive team morale.