Lahey Health Behavioral Services - Management values staff input, work life balance is important | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lahey Health Behavioral Services

"Management values staff input, work life balance is important"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lynn, MA
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lynn, MA

I have been working at Lahey Health Behavioral Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, flexible management, good work environment

Cons

Paperwork is overwhelming, safety is a concern

Advice to Management

Benefits are important

Other Employee Reviews for Lahey Health Behavioral Services

"just under 3 years with company"

Current Employee - ICC and Then Therapeutic Mentor in Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - ICC and Then Therapeutic Mentor in Beverly, MA

I have been working at Lahey Health Behavioral Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Getting to work with a target population of youth that need help and advocacy.
    -Those without Manager positions are very cordial and easy to work with and appear to take pride in their work.

Cons

-Company couldn't care less about their target population
    -Company does everything they can to "low-ball" the employees (just look at the turnover)
    -3 years with the company and if you asked me if I knew the name of the company president or even anyone above my supervisor, I wouldn't be able to tell you
    -No room for growth
    -New standards set forth by insurance companies create burden for workers and there appears to be no hesitance on behalf of management or else to rectify these burdens or to advocate for employees as to why some of these standards are unreasonable
    -If you need insurance, standard procedure for most companies may be to deduct a couple of dollars per hour and to deduct money from each paycheck. That is fine but when this company realizes you need insurance and options are limited, they cut your pay by $7 per hour (trust me that's a lot) in addition to deducting $120+ out of each bi-weekly paycheck. That's for an individual plan.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees and the hard work they put in everyday. I understand that insurance companies dictate specific standards and that earns them money, but at least pretend to care about the population we work with as opposed to solely what can generate you a fraction more of a penny. It is a business and therefore should be treated as such but also take a little pride in what your employees do.

"Poorly run non profit"

Current Employee - Mental Health Clinician in Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - Mental Health Clinician in Beverly, MA

Pros

There is never a shortage of clients.

Cons

Incompetent and condescending middle managers and poor supervision. Poor work/life balance. Every full-time clinician had to work overtime to attempt to meet continuously rising productivity hours. Employees were given a pay cut and execs received 8% raises in the same year. The result is that the clients aren't helped in the long run. What most managers seem to ask of the counselors is to enable their clients.

Advice to Management

Show that you value your employees by paying them, get better benefits esp. insurance, and realize that if you take care of your employees, the clients will be better served as well. Hiring competent and respectful middle managers will work wonders for employee morale.