Lake Michigan Credit Union - Wonderful Employer with Great Intentions | Glassdoor

"Wonderful Employer with Great Intentions"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Lake Michigan Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Culture. I've worked at other companies, and always wanted to feel as though I am doing something meaningful to make the world a better place. I am able to do that at LMCU. From the top down, leadership stresses the importance of always doing what is right for our members. We really want to improve the financial well-being of the people we serve. We are committed to this mission.

Cons

While the company has great intentions, they don't always choose to do things in the most efficient or effective manner. If we improved some of our systems, processes, and communications, we could be even better than we are.

Advice to Management

Don't ignore the pain points of your employees, or gloss over them. Actively seek out input from all employees regarding the barriers/pain points people face. Then choose to take action to address those issues with solutions.

Lake Michigan Credit Union2018-06-13
  1. "Good"

Current Employee - Call Center Representative

I have been working at Lake Michigan Credit Union full-time

Pros

Flexible scheduling, positive environment

Cons

Repetitive job, mainly taking back to back calls all day

Lake Michigan Credit Union2019-11-13
  2. "The grass is greener at LMCU"

Current Employee - Mortgage Processing Manager

I have been working at Lake Michigan Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

A refreshing culture that values their employees, listens to their thoughts, promotes growth and appreciates their work and contributions.

Cons

Nothing to share at this time.

Lake Michigan Credit Union2019-10-30

Discover more reviews about Lake Michigan Credit Union.