Lake Shore Marketing - A complete joke! | Glassdoor

"A complete joke!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Lake Shore Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not a desk job, you talk to new people daily, get to be on road for a little time a day.

Cons

Horrible hours, they tell you get paid one amount when its really not even close. You have to meet at there office every mourning where you are greeted by four or five "trainers" who all give you a high five to try and boost your moral for this horrible day that is about to happen. Then you leave to go to your store where your booth is set up and play Billy Mays all day long, basically selling way overprice junk to random shoppers.

Advice to Management

Be upfront about the position when hiring, you tell people they are applying for event management (which is true after working at least 8 months) just say you are going to be in a booth for most of your employment.

Lake Shore Marketing Response

Oct 2, 2014 – Owner

We are passionate about creating innovative strategies for our clients and a positive work environment for our employees. We are sorry to hear that your experience at Lake Shore Marketing was not in... More

Other Employee Reviews for Lake Shore Marketing

"DEFINITELY my job I've ever had!!!"

Current Employee - Junior Marketing Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Junior Marketing Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Lake Shore Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lake Shore Marketing has an awesome team environment. All of the co-workers spend a ton of time together and everyone is friends. Upper management genuinely cares about the staff, and that really encourages a fun place to work every single day.

Cons

But if you have to work (which most of us do) Lake Shore is the place to be because it is so much fun.

Advice to Management

Work to keep the office fun and engaged. It is really nice to come into an environment that is not stagnant.

"Tons of fun in the field and with the team!"

Pros

Lake Shore offers a unique opportunity for energetic and outgoing folks because the work involves constantly meeting new people. It is always great to connect with the clients and customers, and since the team is a very social group there is always something fun going on.

Cons

Due to the nature of the space, the work is somewhat demanding. However, if you are willing to stick to it then the hard work will pay off. Your co-workers will always be there to help you and train you if there is anything that you need.

Advice to Management

Do more community service or team building events so that everyone has an opportunity to hang out outside of work!