Lake Trust Credit Union - Teller | Glassdoor

"Teller"

Current Employee - Teller in Lansing, MI
Current Employee - Teller in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Lake Trust Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent coworkers, decent pay and benefits for entry level positions, easy work.

Cons

Poor opportunities for advancement, management plays favorites more than is acceptable. Multiple positions filled by less than qualified individuals. Tuition benefit recently cancelled where as other financial institutions still offer it.

Advice to Management

Become more of a horizontal company than a vertical one in terms of promotions. The branch level alone has five different levels of employments.

Other Employee Reviews for Lake Trust Credit Union

"My Worst Job Ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Pros

Great co-workers that are very helpful. The benefits offered are decent. The members we help are a good to work with. They are like family.

Cons

Fees charged to the members are excessive.
    Upper management are not good. When you see them they look down on you and don't treat you with respect. You are a just a number.
    No access to upper management. It takes forever to get answers on anything.
    Technology is out of date, intranet is not good
    Decisions are made that impact us and we find out about them after the fact.
    Stuffy environment, co-workers are terrified.
    Jobs that provide growth opportunity are typically just filled without the opportunity to be posted.
    Layoffs are a regular situation - low stability.

Advice to Management

Stop charging members fees like banks do. Listen to what the employees have to say on some items. Employees hear from the members and understand the impact decisions have on them. Make working at the Credit Union fun.

2. "My experience with Lake Trust Credit Union has been nothing short of amazing."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Pros

I am a new employee at Lake Trust Credit Union. What I love the most about my new position is the foward thinking and drive the credit unioin has. I am pushed to think outside of the box and my continued learning is very important. In my position I am truly able to make a difference for our membership and employees.

Cons

This is a very busy time for the credit union, which is very exciting!!

Advice to Management

I am thankful that we work across all boundaries to do what is right for our membership as a whole.