Lakeshore Technical College - So so... | Glassdoor

"So so..."

I have been working at Lakeshore Technical College full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

We do some great things here to prepare a workforce. We partner with the community in many ways to provide prepared and competent workers in industry. When the economy suffers, we usually are positioned well to help dislocated workers get an education so they can get a new job.

Cons

From my perspective, I hear staff mention they are fearful of management. We probably have a bit more management than we really need. From my perspective, management focuses on controlling subordinates rather than providing them with the tools they need to succeed. For an academic institution that prides itself on preparing a workforce, those in charge don't integrate the teaching and philosophy of our instructors, teaching those classes. In other words, we prepare our students by teaching them management strategies and philosophies, but those same strategies and philosophies are not practiced by our own management.

Advice to Management

Focus less on controlling subordinates and worrying about how many hours per week workers are there and focus more on what results we desire. The staff is full of professionals who know what they need to do. Provide us with support and help produce a great product, which is classroom instruction. Staff members are fearful for their jobs, because of the perceived controlling nature of management.

Other Employee Reviews for Lakeshore Technical College

1. "LTC is a great place to work"

I have been working at Lakeshore Technical College part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent people who really care about each other

Cons

I don't have any cons to share at the moment

Advice to Management

None

2. "Lakeshore Technical College"

Pros

Beautiful campus, small institution, close-knit environment.

Cons

Micromanaged to the maximum and beyond, but new leadership being installed.

Advice to Management

Set the parameters, allow employees to work within them.