Lancer Hospitality - Former Manager was good - Pay is bad, quality of work is bad | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lancer Hospitality

"Former Manager was good - Pay is bad, quality of work is bad"

Current Employee - Cashier in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Cashier in Seattle, WA

Pros

The old GM was good to work for. She was very nice, and fair. She is gone now, and I do not know how I feel about the new GM yet.
It is located at the zoo and you can see the animals on your lunch break which can be super fun! We also get cheap/discunted food and coffee. LAst summer I worked all of the Zootunes events. I got to see all of the bands for free, and be outside for my shift.

Cons

Work is hard and HOT in the summer. Really, you will work inside, in a hat, in front of a dump station with no air flow at all! The old GM would bring ice water around for us when the temps were rally high.
The pay is very low and you will not get a raise unless you get promoted, which is hard to do as thee is no room to move up. Other things that I can think of are: zero benefits, high turn over, the kitchen can be rather hostile in mood most days.

Advice to Management

Pay better, understand what the working conditions are and be sensitive to it.

Other Employee Reviews for Lancer Hospitality

"Working at Lancer Hospitality was a decent entry-level seasonal job."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Pros

They are pretty nice, friendly, and professional. They pay competitively compared to other places in Memphis. They give plenty of hours for those who want them. They support an ambitious attitude and will support you doing what you're good at.

Cons

They only offer seasonal work which is unfortunate. They have done some things that might be considered underhanded towards their employees. They don't like piercings and tattoos, which is silly considering we're glorified fast food.

Advice to Management

Pick your employees better, train them better, and pay them better. Pick fewer employees and give them more hours. That will keep them motivated if they get paid well enough. That increases performance and customer satisfaction.

"The Right Hand of The Operation"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Medium size business with many growoth opportunities, the ability to work autonomosly, flexible schedules, Multi-faceted positions which expose you to the hospiality industry, skill building and close team culture.

Cons

Non competitve wage (on average 20% lower than the industiy). Benefits aren't very great, long hours - and multi-site coverage may be required depending on your position in the company. Technology is about a few years behind regarding systems. A decentralized coporate office poses challeneges with communication, so be prepared.

Advice to Management

Be prepared to do tasks that extend beyond your job description (if there is one). Be patient, open and understanding to the needs of your team members and staff. Be prepared to be your own system of checks, balances and proponent for improvement.