Lancer - You will learn a lot | Glassdoor

"You will learn a lot"

Pros

If you want to learn about business and different types of businesses, this is your place. The learning curve is steep, but you'll learn a lot.

Cons

Small company, not a lot of room for growth at the moment.

Other Employee Reviews for Lancer

1. "Negatives outway the Positives"

Pros

Company is extremely self sufficient and has a good variety of manufacturing process. It's a good place to learn a little about alot and is a good place to start. Pretty laid back environment - not a lot of overtime required.

Cons

Lack of compensation for degreed individuals. No merit increases. No opportunities for advancement (someone has to leave for a "promotion" to open up) makes the company a stepping stone for motivated individuals. Executives, most managers (not all) and HR are out of touch with the employees thus continuing the downward spiral in employee morale. Lack of accountability when individuals or groups do not meet their commitments makes getting tasks that depend on others completed EXTREMELY frustrating.

Advice to Management

HEAD THESE FOUR WORDS: COMPENSATION, RESPECT, FAIRNESS, MORALE. Everything you need to know is in the employee survey that is distributed EVERY year.

2. "Good environment for engineers"

Current Employee - Design Engineer
    Current Employee - Design Engineer

I have been working at Lancer full-time

Pros

A vertically integrated company that gives young engineers exposure to multiple manufacturing disciplines. Engineers have access to injection molding, sheet metal, machining, electronics, rapid prototyping and more in their own backyard. Really gives engineers/designers the chance to learn. Really laid back environment and good benefits.

Cons

"Hot" projects pop up at moments notice. Sales guys always oversell features and tech then expect engineers to produce in an aggressive timeline. Project scope is never really defined and is always changing. Not a lot of documentation on "proven" tech. Due to poor marketing; we are playing catch up instead of being on the cutting edge. The beverage industry isn't very high tech scene but our customer and sales guys/gals want us to be. Most customers can't afford the feature the want but don't need.

Advice to Management

I truly believe that they are doing a good job of compensating for the lack of pay for engineers. They've provide us with toys and a relaxed atmosphere. I would ask that management help us by placing some of the burden on other departments that should be doing there jobs and stop asking highly motivated engineers to solve all the problems.