Landmark Aviation - The skills and job related experience which I brought to this employer are not utilized to their potential. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Landmark Aviation

"The skills and job related experience which I brought to this employer are not utilized to their potential."

Current Employee - Line Service Technician
Current Employee - Line Service Technician

Pros

If you enjoy working in an outdoors, aviation related environment, then working as a Line Service Technician provides you with a skill set which you can use no matter where you need to live. There's always a general aviation FBO somewhere close by.

Cons

Local management fails to acknowledge my skills aquired over many years of general aviation line service and especially my Health, Safety & Environmental Protection management experience as they only allowed me to work as an entry level Line Service Technician with an entry level salary while promoting far less and indeed, unqualified coworkers without even posting promotion opportunities for a fair assesment of our fitness for a particular position. Economic times being tough as they are, I have to accept this underemployment.

The equipment is old, neglected and unreliable which leads to embarassing service failures and presents the potential for accidents/injuries.

Advice to Management

As opposed to simply promoting an employee because he/she has been there for a little while, post job openings so that a fair competion which results in the best qualified candidate may be successful within the company.

Have a structured safety program where the local safety representative reports to the Corporate Safety Manager instead of local base management. This will prevent safety issues such as worn out and unsafe equipment from being swept under the rug.

Other Employee Reviews for Landmark Aviation

1. "CSR"

I worked at Landmark Aviation full-time

Pros

Large company with growth potential

Cons

Too big and not personal attention

2. "Fun Job but low pay"

I worked at Landmark Aviation full-time

Pros

Meet a lot of people and new experiences

Cons

Low pay for work expected around planes and other expensive equipment.
    Need equipment upgrades.