Landry's - Good money, not worth the time though | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Landry's

"Good money, not worth the time though"

Former Employee - Waitess in Galveston, TX
Former Employee - Waitess in Galveston, TX

I worked at Landry's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Made lots of tips at Willy G's, had good discounts to all the Landry corp restaurants

Cons

Over worked, and lots of tourists that have lots of complaints

Advice to Management

Have better management, and better teamwork opportunities

Other Employee Reviews for Landry's

1. "A flexible job with great pay per hour - perfect for a student, artist, or musician."

Current Employee - Server in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Server in Chicago, IL

Pros

They are completely flexible as to how much or how little you want to work. Taking time off is SUPER easy and convenient. When you do work, the money is great per hour. If you're not making any money, they send you home so you don't feel like you've wasted time.

Cons

Management can be a little overbearing and they are ridiculously and unnecessarily strict about the uniform. You can not wear more than ONE ring and ONE bracelet. Absolutely no "abnormal" hair colors including certain shades of red and nothing two-toned. I understand it being a family restaurant but I feel like having dark red highlights in your hair is not going to take away from the atmosphere or brand identity.

2. "A wonderful experience,I enjoyed working there because it was a friendly environment."

Former Employee - Foodrunner/Busboy in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Foodrunner/Busboy in Miami, FL

Pros

Team work is exhibited in a fast pace organized fashion,from employees to management the entire staff comes together to make sure that the guest are happy and satisfied with the service they recieve. Great location and also discounts on food.

Cons

No lunch breaks, Always busy, on your feet for entire shift.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed being a foodrunner/busboy while working for a management staff that takes pride in their work. I appreciate the opportunity and I most certainly would not mind working at the Crab House Restaurant again.