Landry's - Hostess | Glassdoor

"Hostess"

Current Employee - Hostess in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Hostess in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Landry's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Landry's is a great company and does offer many ways to move up within the company. They also allow you to change your hours after being with them for a while.

Cons

There can be long hours, but they tell you upfront what is expected. Sometimes you are asked to stay a little later if it is very busy.

Advice to Management

Continue being awesome and helping out your staff.

Other Employee Reviews for Landry's

"RUN! Don't waste your time here!"

Former Employee - Server in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Server in New York, NY

I worked at Landry's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Umm??? I was going to say the pre-shift meals, but every restaurant does that, and Landry's makes you pay about $20 out of your paycheck for this so-called luxury. For charging its customers astronomical prices, you would think Landry's wouldn't be so tight around the wallet, but it's just the opposite.

Cons

Horrible management- they never communicate with one another so policies are different between each one. The day manager who will remain nameless will give you attitude if you ask a question that forces her off the phone with her boyfriend while up front at the host stand.
    Always understaffed. You're forced to run all your own food up and down the stairs, but make sure that somehow you're still greeting all the eight tables that just walked in at once within 30 seconds.
    You prep your own apps because somehow they think you have more time running up and down to the kitchen rather than the cooks who are just standing there. I mean, seriously??
    Being the new Morton's location in downtown Manhattan, right next to the 9/11 memorial, you get SOOOOO many tourists who have absolutely no idea how to tip. If you receive any tip at all, you're lucky, so those high checks you've worked hard on, don't expect much.
    I started looking for another job almost immediately after starting there. I'm now working in a much better restaurant that's not so cheap, with MUCH better management, and just an overall better work environment FAR FAR away from the 9/11 memorial.

Advice to Management

Guys, really, you need to get it together. Talk to each other, figure out policies for the restaurant as a whole. If one changes something, you all need to. I talked to a previous boss of mine (prominent restaurant owner in Philly) about how Morton's is run, and about how I wasn't fit for "Morton's standards" and he just laughed. You all need to reevaluate your careers in working with people and managing restaurants.

"High school environment"

Former Employee - Server in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Landry's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling and vacation off time. Ok for college part time. Decent discount

Cons

Dramatic staff and management. Lots if sex and alcohol scandals amongst staff. Poor management of larger issues. Room for growth but only if you're in the in crowd.

Advice to Management

Be professional.