Landry's - A company's that takes pride in top of the line customer service and quality of product. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Landry's

"A company's that takes pride in top of the line customer service and quality of product."

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Houston, TX

I have been working at Landry's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

To gain experience in a company where the owner likes to invest a lot into the product.

Cons

Does not invest enough into the employees that will someday be the future of this company.

Advice to Management

Connect better with the people whom work with you.

Other Employee Reviews for Landry's

"Encouraged me to go back to college and get an actual career."

Current Employee - Cook in Galveston, TX
    Current Employee - Cook in Galveston, TX

I have been working at Landry's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

%50 off discount at all concepts
    Employees are fun to socialize with and I met awesome people.
    Good way to improve your cooking skills.

Cons

As a former cook, I can say that his by far has been the worst paying job I have ever had. It is not even a living wage. Cooking is not something everyone wants or can do. How about paying well for such a craft? No such luck. I think I was a little above poverty level when it comes to pay. It is not a fast food job, this requires more self organization, thought and speed. After being burnt out, I went back to a four year college and got as far away from the industry as I could.

I also notice the managers are miserable and complain about the low pay.

Advice to Management

Living wage pay.

2. "STORE LEVEL ADMIN FOR BGSC SUBCONCEPT OF LDRY INC."

Current Employee - Administrative in Madeira Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative in Madeira Beach, FL

I have been working at Landry's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for one of the few Landry's subconcepts that allows for a store-level ADMIN (Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.) I've had a great opportunity to support multiple LDRY CORP departments in accounting and human resources, while still helping maintain the culture and team based values of Bubba Gump at a beautiful waterfront location. I've had the pleasure of working with tremendously talented and helpful managers from the Houston Corporate office, Landry's acquisition of BGSC in 2010 let our company grow quickly, and has provided us with cutting edge HRMS like Menu Link, Sales Force, Oracle, and KOFAX. I couldn't have asked for better tools to utilize in my first professional position.

Cons

Most Landry's subconcepts DON'T have ADMIN positions, so the constant concern of "will I be eliminated" looms. LANDRY'S REALLY knows how to run a business! Store-level support of their strict employee benefit requirements (35 hour average to qualify for paid vacation is difficult in a seasonal hospitality environment) and gaining employee buy-in of biweekly dining program deductions in a room of stone-faced new hires (already hurt from the announcement of J-1 Visa partnerships and $5 daily parking,) can be pretty intense. The biggest CON is only that in order to grow my position I'll need to move to Houston, or transition to Front Management, neither are viable for me!

Advice to Management

ENCOURAGE SUBCONCEPTS WITH STORE-LEVEL ADMINS TO VALUE THEIR GATEKEEPERS, we are TOP LINE support, stuck on the BOTTOM LINE. They impact the staff, support FOH and BOH management, and have a great regional support network of other ADMINS to use as additional resources. We are substitutes for busy General Managers, that's why many of our job descriptions are swapped out for GM, IN THE MANAGER OPERATIONS MANUAL.