Landry's - DO NOT RUIN YOUR RESUME BY WORKING IN HERE OR DO NO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME>YOU WILL REGRET IT DC AREA | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Landry's

"DO NOT RUIN YOUR RESUME BY WORKING IN HERE OR DO NO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME>YOU WILL REGRET IT DC AREA"

Current Employee - Executive Chef in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Executive Chef in Washington, DC

I have been working at Landry's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE, They will try to get you with a well paid salary so you can stay but if you have a family and a life outside the restaurant it wont work.

Cons

No leadership from upper management. Focus on numbers and bottom line only, you cant achieve those number by working 50-55 hours that they said you will work so you have no option that to work 65-70 including every holiday. Do not care about quality. Many of their restaurants prefer to sell spoil food so they can have no waste to hit that number. Every restaurant is missing 2 salary employees because they get in and get out. 4 people train with me 5 months ago and only another chef and me are lasting which soon will be down to 1. Since the first day of training until today no one in there is happy.

Advice to Management

There is a reason why your restaurants are always short of employees and that happens when you work with someone that doesnt have leadership and doesnt care about their employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Landry's

"Thumbs down"

Former Employee - FOH Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - FOH Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Landry's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not many, PATICULAR RESTAURANT IS HORRIBLE, Upper management SUCKS, everyone hates working there. I should of quit earlier.

Cons

Upper management SUCKS, everyone hates working there. I should of quit earlier. Not many reasons to be employed there. PATICULAR RESTAURANT IS HORRIBLE,

Advice to Management

Listen to employees

"A company's that takes pride in top of the line customer service and quality of product."

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Houston, TX

I have been working at Landry's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

To gain experience in a company where the owner likes to invest a lot into the product.

Cons

Does not invest enough into the employees that will someday be the future of this company.

Advice to Management

Connect better with the people whom work with you.