Landry's - The worst company to work for ever.... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Landry's

"The worst company to work for ever...."

Former Employee - Server in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Server in Orlando, FL

I worked at Landry's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The tips and the guests that mortons established

Cons

Ever since landrys took over mortons the company has gone downhill every day.they no longer have core values and the mission statement is a joke. We worked with no hostess no bus boy one person in back kitchen one on front line. This is a place that charges $100 a person check average.Servers having to make their own salads and desserts and most of the time making their own drinks because they have to go so short staffed so they keep labor coat to the bRe minimum . The place is a joke.

Advice to Management

Go back to the core values. It's not always about the bottom line. Look into what your management team is doing like getting drunk on the job and leaving the job on a Saturday night with no manager on duty. Are you blind????

Other Employee Reviews for Landry's

"DO NOT RUIN YOUR RESUME BY WORKING IN HERE OR DO NO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME>YOU WILL REGRET IT DC AREA"

Current Employee - Executive Chef in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Executive Chef in Washington, DC

I have been working at Landry's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE, They will try to get you with a well paid salary so you can stay but if you have a family and a life outside the restaurant it wont work.

Cons

No leadership from upper management. Focus on numbers and bottom line only, you cant achieve those number by working 50-55 hours that they said you will work so you have no option that to work 65-70 including every holiday. Do not care about quality. Many of their restaurants prefer to sell spoil food so they can have no waste to hit that number. Every restaurant is missing 2 salary employees because they get in and get out. 4 people train with me 5 months ago and only another chef and me are lasting which soon will be down to 1. Since the first day of training until today no one in there is happy.

Advice to Management

There is a reason why your restaurants are always short of employees and that happens when you work with someone that doesnt have leadership and doesnt care about their employees.

"Thumbs down"

Former Employee - FOH Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - FOH Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Landry's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not many, PATICULAR RESTAURANT IS HORRIBLE, Upper management SUCKS, everyone hates working there. I should of quit earlier.

Cons

Upper management SUCKS, everyone hates working there. I should of quit earlier. Not many reasons to be employed there. PATICULAR RESTAURANT IS HORRIBLE,

Advice to Management

Listen to employees