Landry's - Good. | Glassdoor

"Good."

Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Boston, MA

I have been working at Landry's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Short shifts and nice management.

Cons

Not enough business walking through the doors.

Other Employee Reviews for Landry's

1. "Great Service company"

Current Employee - Waiter in Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Waiter in Katy, TX

I have been working at Landry's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at one of the Restaurants, Babin's, has given me the opportunity to improve upon my overall serving skills and allowed me to develop communication and sales skills. I feel that what I have learned at my establishment shall assist me in my degree of Supply Chain Management.

Cons

Sometimes the management culture isn't reflective of the vision of the General Manager. Sometimes it's difficult to implement lean six sigma recommendations at the actual restaurant.

Advice to Management

Be able to get everyone on the same page and through more team based Management activities in order to promote harmony among the team.

2. "Landry's owns well-run corporate restaurants, but has room to improve."

Current Employee - Server, Trainer in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Server, Trainer in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Landry's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Landry's is a large enough company to allocate financial and human resources where needed and where deserved. The GROWTH program for managers ensures a standard of professionalism and accountability. Individual stores maintain systems-based daily operations and statistics-driven employee value assessment, taking the human subjectivity out of decision making. Landry's has efficient labor management and schedule flexibility. Performance expectations for servers and managers are higher than in other restaurant groups.

Cons

Being such a large company, Landry's can be alienating to entry-level workers. Turn-over in non-managerial positions is high, and hiring needs sometimes outweigh the need for experienced and qualified candidates. As with most successful companies, the bottom line trumps most other concerns. Changes are implemented slowly.