Lands' End - I love the products I sell, but the management is very unprofessional. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lands' End

"I love the products I sell, but the management is very unprofessional."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Richfield, MN
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Richfield, MN

I have been working at Lands' End part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice environment. Good co-workers. Flexible hours

Cons

Poor management style. Low pay. They have cut part-time hours down to 29 or less per week, so they don't have to pay benefits.

Advice to Management

Managers should be open to valid questions, rather than respond with irritation. Also, if management had any idea what an occasional pat on the back, for a job well-done would do for morale, they would give them. To top it off, the new "Ceridian" company you have chosen to work with for payroll and schedule information is a joke. I am not laughing though because I have spent hours of my personal time trying to get logged on. It hasn't happened yet, and noone will step up to the plate and take some ownership. I have been working there nearly 4 years. My customer service is excellent. How about a raise?

Other Employee Reviews for Lands' End

"Classic Brand with Modern Struggles"

I have been working at Lands' End full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Long brand heritage, workout facilities, many dedicated & hardworking long time employees

Cons

High stress environment, high turnover, weak benefits, Lack of appreciation for employees

Advice to Management

The constant turnover has proved to be the biggest battle at lands end. The lack of consistency within teams results in little accountability & employees that are stretched thin and under high levels of scrutiny and stress. Meanwhile the employees that remain dedicated to the company have little growth opportunity and raises are few and far between.

Lands End needs to respect and reward the hardworking employees that have dedicated themselves to the company and the morale within the company will increase tremendously.

"Inventory Planner"

Former Employee - Inentory Plannet in Dodgeville, WI
    Former Employee - Inentory Plannet in Dodgeville, WI

I worked at Lands' End full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some nice employees. Customer focused. User friendly internet site. Nice volunteer program. 401k & flex programs. Environmentally responsible. Garden and orchard.

Cons

Poor systems & reporting causing conflicting reports and most work to be manual. Lack of communication within organization. No clear career path or development. Many open positions and no intent to hire causing departments to absorb workload. Minimal or no raise even with exceptional job performance. Lack of acknowledgement of achievement. Unproffesional managers. Long work hours expected.

Advice to Management

Employees are you number one asset next to your customers.