Lands' End - Lost its way | Glassdoor

"Lost its way"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Stevens Point, WI
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Stevens Point, WI

I worked at Lands' End part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only benefit I took from working at Lands' End Business Outfitters was that I became good friends with a lot of coworkers. Something to keep in mind... a good portion of our employee 'bonding' was discussing all the cons of the business. See below.

Cons

*The majority of leads are not properly trained and unintelligent. Our bathroom breaks are timed, yet myself and another coworker set a timer once, wherein we timed two leads talking about their vacations during non-break hours. It was a few seconds short of 45 minutes.
*Mediocre benefit packages
*Little room for advancement (And none if you don't kiss a little butt.)
*Clear favoritism
*Full of politics.
*Shady management. They currently have a lawsuit pending on them for firing an employee using sick hours when he was home with the flu.
*Cutting corners money wise, which ultimately is taken from the sales representatives (Bonuses, raises, etc.)
*Poorly micromanaged.

Advice to Management

Hire (and train) some professional, responsible, fresh blood who understand the "6-Block", can accurately apply it, and aim to educate and advise their staff.

Other Employee Reviews for Lands' End

1. "Great place to work, not much advancement"

I have been working at Lands' End part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, products are phenomenal, and I enjoy the people I get to know on a personal level that shop here

Cons

Unfortunately, there has been much change within the company that hasn't been for the better (at least in the end of the associates who work in store not corporate level)

Advice to Management

Figure out the way the sales are set up and have more open communication with employees within the stores (remember they are what keeps this company running)

"A company trying to figure out its way."

Former Intern - Intern in Dodgeville, WI
    Former Intern - Intern in Dodgeville, WI

I worked at Lands' End as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

There were some wonderful people and great potential. With an investment infusion aimed at talent, good times could roll again.

Cons

In Sears' effort to drive bottom line revenue, they stripped the company of most of what made it special. It's a shell of Gary Comer's creation.

Advice to Management

Rediscover the core of what made Lands' End special. Go back to the core principals with truly quality clothing.