Lane Bryant - Good Experience | Glassdoor

"Good Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

Good relationship between the teams and people. People respect each other and work together towards a common cause. Good balance between work/life

Cons

Corporate office interference in business strategy

Advice to Management

Let the organization operate without too much interference. Spent way too much time reporting back and justifying to corporate vs running the business. Need to be more open and visionary

Other Employee Reviews for Lane Bryant

1. "Raises are NEVER going to happen, even with several positive yearly reviews"

Current Employee - Part Time Keyholder in Traverse City, MI
    Current Employee - Part Time Keyholder in Traverse City, MI

Pros

great people, great team, great management at store level, good communication, free products occasionally, fun and fashionable clothes and accessories, a relaxed and flexible dress-code, I love helping guests!

Cons

been there almost 4 YEARS with 8 above average reviews (done every 6 months), have taken on extra unpaid role with extra work as "credit captain" yet I've only been awarded ONE raise of SIX CENTS since 2008. Not even a cost of living raise, and most stores are in the same position. Reasons for not getting raises included that the" company spent too much money in advertising" or we didn't meet last year's numbers in a RECESSION. The lack of a raise DOES NOT MEAN they don't expect the world.

They want you to get someone to sign up for 1 credit per shift per associate as well as routinely upsel and keep track of and make hourly, segment, and daily goals (in sales, UPT, ADS comp, credit, plan). They stress accountability above all, for our personal and store goals, yet again, no one is rewarded for their loyalty OR hard work! Ironically, corporate managers themselves are unnaccountable, because no matter how high up the latter you go to inquire about the no raise issue or any other serious matter, it is always someone higher who made the decision so there's "nothing they can do." to help you.

They will giveth, but have no problem taking away. For a few months, to deal with the insane number of employee complaints and walk outs last year due to the company promising raises but not delivering AGAIN, they instated a bonus incentive for part time managers and even regular hourly associates who made their store goals. It wasn't much, but at least it was rewarding those who worked the hardest. After 3 months, the program was reduced so that only full time employees bonused. They do not care about low worker moral!

inconsistent policies which confuse customers and put us in the hot-seat with customers, yet when we do what corporate repeatedly tells us to do, corporate doesn't back our decisions up. For example, LB has a strict "no attached tags, no return" policy they shove down our throats, telling us how much $ the company lost due to those allowances, then when we tell a customer politely we cant return them because the tags are off and therefor they are unsellable to other customers as new. Hence we cannot take it back, corporate tells us to do it anyway if they get a complaint. This happens all the time!

A lot of times, customers can get things CHEAPER than employees can even with their discount if they shop promotions and use coupons, which we are not allowed to use ( even in the place of our discount).

Advice to Management

Stop undervaluing your store level workers! Competative wages and regular raises attract superior workers and increase company moral! Store level workers are the back bone of the company, and they deserve to be rewarded accordingly with a MINIMUM of a cost of living increase.

"Great coworkers-Great customers"

Current Employee - Full Time Sales Lead in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Full Time Sales Lead in Edina, MN

Pros

Job is rewarding. When you've helped someone who is crying with joy because they found a bra/cute outfit that fits how can it not be!
    Coworkers including SSL are great and supportive.

Cons

Work/life balance is impossible.
    Pay for Associates is low with the expectation of long hours.
    Long hours on your feet but that's true of all retail.

Advice to Management

Bring pay scale more in line with other retailers.
    Product quality is slipping. Improve it before you lose more customers.
    Encourage better work/life balance particularly for full time people.