Lane Construction - Historically Great Company on slippery slope | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lane Construction

"Historically Great Company on slippery slope"

Former Employee - Engineer in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Engineer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Lane Construction full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Large Scale Transportation Projects, Financial Backing, Reputation, Potential Retirement Openings, Engineering advancement program is a good chance to meet other young professionals within the company, Vehicle allowance,Decent benefits and vacation time for salary

Cons

No company wide structure, Do NOT adhere to the values they preach - HR would not even allow me to copy my personal files from my PC before demanding I leave the premiss; this after 3yrs of loyal hard work and no notice of layoff!, I would routinely be scolded by project mang. when standing up to our super when he demanded I do something ethically wrong in the field- was even used against me in our annual review, Mang. does a poor job allocating personnel to their desired area of interest, Little to no recognition of accomplishments, No clear expectations, Florida Sr. Mang. maintains previous EBY values and ethics, Lack of change and innovation from the estimation department, Average pay, slow advancement, Florida Management

Advice to Management

Hold upper management accountable; layoffs should start with the poor decision makers at the top, not your resources at the bottom. A short term cut in wages is not going to be a long term solution to change within your company.

Other Employee Reviews for Lane Construction

1. "former employee"

Former Employee - Foreman
    Former Employee - Foreman

I worked at Lane Construction full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

fast growing detailed oriented company

Cons

lost contact with their employees

2. "butt kissers and be in a clique to succeed"

I worked at Lane Construction full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

pay good in smaller settings

Cons

come up with ideas and expect someone to take charge, too many thinkers not enough doers, most that are in management have criminal records.are butt kissers, and they weed out older employees for younger people out of college. spend more time tring to get out of work and planning lunch than working. dont respect those who go the extra mile for the company instead take the credit themselves in management. they have lost several great employees over the years.

Advice to Management

start at the top and down size the dead weight , you have so many trying to get to the top stepping on employees on their way up. The company has lost some dedicated hard working employees , need to reevaluate lost employees vrs ones still employed. too many in management that are not management material and many that are passed over for promotions. HR doesn't stand behind employees when they have a problem, this company needs a major shake up starting with all management. if you report something to be investigated nothing ever comes of management who are wrong doers ripping off the company. they just get a bigger promotion, must be lazy, foreign or young , to succeed . Do NOT stand behind company values and beliefs they preach!