Langan Engineering and Environmental Services - Langan taught me a great deal about what civil engineers do. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Langan Engineering and Environmental Services

"Langan taught me a great deal about what civil engineers do."

Former Employee - Site/Civil Co-op in Doylestown, PA
Former Employee - Site/Civil Co-op in Doylestown, PA

I worked at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Large variety of projects to be involved in over the long term
Tons of great contacts
Well respected company.

Cons

Commute was a bit of a hassle

Other Employee Reviews for Langan Engineering and Environmental Services

"Stellar company offering innovative results."

Current Employee - Site/Civil Intern in Elmwood Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Site/Civil Intern in Elmwood Park, NJ

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing tightly knit company
    Very Professional, yet reasonably laid back
    As an intern I am learning so much practical information from my office and on-site experience

Cons

There aren't really any aside from the 9 hour work days.

"Sweatshop"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Elmwood Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Elmwood Park, NJ

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Up to date technology and software

Cons

Compared to similar firms Langan has much higher billing rates but lower salaries and benefits...so where is that money going? Upper management. They take WAY too big a piece of the pie leaving little left for everyone else. Unless you are upper management, of which there are way too many for a firm this size, or the one or two people those managers have selected as their personal pets earmarked for promotion you don't stand a chance at a successful career at this cesspool of a firm. The pathetic pay is also balanced out nicely with being treated poorly by management and excessively overworked. Unless you're a sadist, stay as far away from Langan as you can!!! It's incredibly frustrating when you're working 12 hour days and struggling to make mortgage payments because your raise doesn't even cover annual cost of living increases and your supervisor is out the door at 5:00 and is talking about renovating his beach house and has a new mercedes every six months.

Advice to Management

You only care about yourselves and I doubt any advice I provide would change that. You're the reason this company is a failure. Sure the firm makes money (which only you enjoy the benefits of) but you're still a failure on many important and significant levels. The division between upper management and staff/middle-management is grotesque.