Langan Engineering and Environmental Services - Langan is a great place to work! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Langan Engineering and Environmental Services

"Langan is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elmwood Park, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elmwood Park, NJ

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Langan has an amazing culture. The company values our employees and our clients. Employees are provided with endless opportunities for learning, growth and advancement. We have many employee social events, flex-time, and other great benefits as well - not to mention the bagels, fruit and many other options for free food. Langan's employees are passionate about the technical projects for which they are involved. They collaborate to find solutions and share our knowledge firm-wide. We have on-site Masters courses taught by a local technical university, an excellent training program and technical workshops. These are only a few of Langan's pros as they offer so much more.

Cons

Our commitment to our projects and our careers can be extensive at times (not always). It all evens out in the end. When major projects require extra time, we are rewarded for getting the job done.

Advice to Management

There have been many improvements to Langan's working environment over recent years. Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Langan Engineering and Environmental Services

"Very rewarding company, with challenging projects"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer III in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer III in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent training, good benefits, mentoring is always there. It is a well managed firm that is proud of the talent at the staff and senior staff levels.

Cons

Biggest thing with this company right now is the disparity in the numbers of upper management and staff. There really is no project engineer type roles anymore. You're either in the field or your not. Not much balance.

"Great Company but too much OT required (work/life balance doesn't exist)"

Current Employee - Administrative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative in New York, NY

Pros

great company, great benefits, nice fun people ...

Cons

demands placed on you typically far exceed normal human tolerances; work.usually expected to be completed in an unrealistic time frame (deadlines, deadlines and more deadlines)

poor project management, too many protocols to be followed for simple things

not willing to change things even if it's for the better of the firm

Advice to Management

listen to your admin staff, pay attention to their concerns