Langan Engineering and Environmental Services - Langan is a great place to work! | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Langan Engineering and Environmental Services

"Langan is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elmwood Park, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elmwood Park, NJ

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Langan has an amazing culture. The company values our employees and our clients. Employees are provided with endless opportunities for learning, growth and advancement. We have many employee social events, flex-time, and other great benefits as well - not to mention the bagels, fruit and many other options for free food. Langan's employees are passionate about the technical projects for which they are involved. They collaborate to find solutions and share our knowledge firm-wide. We have on-site Masters courses taught by a local technical university, an excellent training program and technical workshops. These are only a few of Langan's pros as they offer so much more.

Cons

Our commitment to our projects and our careers can be extensive at times (not always). It all evens out in the end. When major projects require extra time, we are rewarded for getting the job done.

Advice to Management

There have been many improvements to Langan's working environment over recent years. Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Langan Engineering and Environmental Services

"Very rewarding company, with challenging projects"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer III in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer III in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent training, good benefits, mentoring is always there. It is a well managed firm that is proud of the talent at the staff and senior staff levels.

Cons

Biggest thing with this company right now is the disparity in the numbers of upper management and staff. There really is no project engineer type roles anymore. You're either in the field or your not. Not much balance.

"Senior Staff Engineer"

I worked at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. If you are in the right group, you can work on some cool projects.
    2. Some talented and nice people to work with.
    3.They work you really hard, So when you leave, you will be burned out but you will know your self much better :-).

Cons

1. A lot of groups are inefficient. You will spend a lot of time in meetings yet when you go back to your desk you will still need to figure things out by yourself. No team spirit. You will get thrown under the bus by your boss, colleagues, most admins, accounting, the cleaning ladies.......
    2. Work life balance is non-existent. After working 60-80 hrs a week, you will spend the remaining precious time on weekend conferences, dinners and picnics.
    3. Staff and Senior staff shoulders a lot of responsibility. Accounting and IT was subpar. Be ready to spend time fixing and being blamed for their mistakes.
    4. Bonuses and promotions go to favored few. No clear cut vision for career growth. As somebody else posted before good looks, good talk, who knows?
    5. Company encourages "shark mentality". If you are a nice soft personality, find someplace else to work.
    6. Brown nosing is rampant. If you are good at it, you will be happy at Langan.
    7. A lot of new hires, during my tenure at Langan, lasted from a week to a month. Few packed their belongings during holidays and were never heard from again. A lot of people have left in last 2-2.5 years.
    8. Extremely top heavy.

Advice to Management

None. They know what they are doing.