Language Services Associates - Overall a good place to work. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Language Services Associates

"Overall a good place to work."

Former Employee - Interpretalk Coordinator in Horsham, PA
Former Employee - Interpretalk Coordinator in Horsham, PA

Pros

It's easier to get hired since no one is full-time, and the atmosphere is probably a little bit lighter as a result of that. For most people it's a second job, and since they pay well above minimum wage, you can do pretty well as long as you have a full time job, or if you are in school and live at home. I thought most of the supervisors were pretty nice. You were definitely expected to not slack off, and they verified that through checking your call statistics. That was actually a good thing, because it meant that everyone was sharing the work equally (unlike some places I've worked, where a small percentage of the people do a large percentage of the work). The coordinators were also all very helpful and they are good coworkers. LSA does some cheesy things to raise employee morale, and I appreciated it. I think they did a good job creating an image of the nice atmosphere that they wanted for the company and for the coordinators.

Cons

You can only work part-time. Other than that, I think it's a perfectly fair exchange in terms of labor for dollars.

Other Employee Reviews for Language Services Associates

"Telephonic nterpreters need to strive for competitive salary."

Former Employee - Telephonic Interpreter in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Telephonic Interpreter in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Ability to be trained and work from home. From the comfort of your house you can work in a highly regarded career without the expense of a wardrobe, commute, gas and parking expense. This company will train and give you all the resources necessary to perform well.

Cons

This company offers one of the lowest per minute salary regardless of the ability, training and documentation required to perform it. Many of their interpreters have court qualified status, have been working for them for some time, are in the list of several judges and companies as preferred interpreters, have bachelors, masters and even PhD;s but their pay continues to be the same as recently hired, non-professional, non-degreed interpreters.

Advice to Management

Need to revisit per minute offer based upon years of service, experience and interpretation quality and accomplishments. Everyone is the same across the board.

"Keep Away from this company"

I worked at Language Services Associates part-time

Pros

Able to work from home

Cons

This company has a very unprofessional administrative team, they have the lowest pay rate and to make it worse if you interpret 58 seconds ,they don´t pay it to you, which I´m sure they´re charging the customer for, so if you make 100 calls potentially they are not paying 100 minutes out those 100 calls. If you have an issue they are never willing to help, since you get pay by minute ,they don´t care if you make them or not,I would say that unless you´re living under a bridge, don´t waste your time,energy and talent working for these people.

Advice to Management

Keep in mind it is people you are working with and when people work, they should be paid accordingly, it´s a shame that in this industry we find such an exploitative company, this is not a farm and you are not working with illegal immigrants.