LanguageLine Solutions - WAH customer Service for 16 yrs | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

"WAH customer Service for 16 yrs"

Current Employee - Work At Home Spanishh Interprelor in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Work At Home Spanishh Interprelor in Houston, TX

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good step ladder in the industry

Cons

Pay, time off, no sick time off, slavers, no communication among supervisors,team leaders. You ask for the day or hours off and allways a NO.

Advice to Management

Fired and rehired a new administration that know what are they doing...you have a lot of sargents

Other Employee Reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

"Great job, lame benefits"

Former Contractor - Customer Service Interpreter in Abilene, TX
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Interpreter in Abilene, TX

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Allows to work from home, flexible hours, available training and resources, opportunity to participate in job-related discussions, publications. You get paid minimum wage regardless of whether you receive the calls to interpret or not, and if you do, you get paid by the minute. Basically, you get paid very well, in the busy hours, and in the slow hours you still get paid even if you're watching a movie at home.

Cons

Medical benefits are not reasonable, hardly cover anything, unpaid vacation, sick or maternity leave, it's not always possible to request vacation in one block, it's based on availability. If you call in sick, it goes against your attendance record and if you have more than 6 occurances per year, you get in trouble.
    It's very hard to get in touch with a manager, sometimes they don't get back to you at all.

Advice to Management

Improve response time for managers.

"A sense of accomplishment and ability to make a difference!"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

This is entirely unsolicited and reflects my own personal opinion but it is a very real testomony from someone who speaks first-hand. Knowing there are many options and choices of language service providers, to me it is important not to have a "job" but to have an environment that allows my creativity to thrive and values my voice and input so I can inspire. In Langauge Line Services, I have found not only that but have also being inspired myself time and time again by its own mission of commitment to quality and excellence. It is the people that make a company great and I am proud to be among the best. It is not often that employees are given opportunities to be heard but this organization not only listens, but allows you to affect change and supports creative thinking. Our CEO has been at the forefront of many important industry-changing initiatives and has remained committed to doing the right thing for the good of the profession. The organizations commitment to enhancing quality standards is evidence of this in that it has invested more financial and human resources toward the development of a national standard of practice and other initiatives than probably all of its competitors combined. I would wholeheartedly encourage anyone who is committed to being the best in what they do to pursue a career here!

Cons

With leadership comes a sense of responsibility and often change requires bold industry-evolving moves. These sometimes can be controversial and can impact plans so its important to remain flexible and patient. This is a normal part of change and evolvement however and can also be very exciting and rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue to expand on the already existing culture of providing a culture conduscive of supporting creativity and talent.