LanguageLine Solutions - I agree with other interpreters on their negative reviews on LLS | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

"I agree with other interpreters on their negative reviews on LLS"

Former Employee - Interpreter

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work at home, not having to deal with commute.

Cons

Other than the pros listed above, there is no other good thing to say about the company. Crappy pay and even reduce your rate. I had been working for a company called Tele-Interpreters, and later purchased by LLS. I was paid at a rate of 50 cents a minutes (which was low but I can accepted it). Been working for them for about 3 years and then when LLS purchased them, they had to reduce my rate from 50 cents to 35 cents/minutes. The reason (or excuse) they told us for the reduced rate was economic hardship. COME ON LLS, you guys have been ripped the government and private agencies off by charging them $3 to $4 and even $5 a minute. YOU can't even afford to pay your employee 50 cents or that???

So I quit my job and working for Pacific Interpreter and get 60 cents a minute now. However, last December, again, LLS purchased Pacific. Now they are thinking to merge both interpreters into one by paying us AGAIN CRAPPY rate of $14/hour which if you divide 14 by 60, it would be 23.33 cents a minutes. 23 cents COMMON LLS how much respect did you give to your interpreters??? You are depend on us to make you rich and you can't even afford to pay us more than 23 cents a minutes?????

My advice is if you are a new interpreter and need some experience, then work for them. However, let you tell you be ready to drink a lot water. Their $14/hour is hard working money. They expect you to take a load of calls non stop. Once you have experience, QUIT and look for something better. They expect you a lot from you and give you almost nothing.

Advice to Management

My advice to the management team is YOU are depend on US. If you treat us as a crap then that is what you get. I don't know why anyone would like to work at such low rate, unless you have nothing better to do. To the agencies who is looking for interpreter services, go for something else. Reason, you are not going to get a happy interpreter because everyone is so exhausted by having to deal with this immoral company.

Other Employee Reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

"Greedy company that pays interpreters very low"

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions part-time

Pros

Works from the comfort of home.

Cons

They charge 2.5-3.9 USD per minute but only pay interpreters less than a quarter per minute. They're buying out smaller companies like Pacific Interpreters and changing their interpreters to "employees" status, meaning being forced to work fixed hours, no paid vacation, no sick days, $12-14/hour, and crappy useless health insurance. It's better to wait table than working for them. Many highly qualified interpreters are leaving due to LLS's abuse and greediness. Please don't use LLS for your language needs, people who have no choice would stay and they're not happy. Don't expect good quality of customer service/ interpretation from unhappy interpreters.

Advice to Management

Stop your greediness, don't use interpreters like a factory worker. Unhappy employees mean poor service.

"intigration is not going well"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

We provide great services that are needed and important to the communities we serve

Cons

Language Line has been acquiring companies and not integrating them well, so the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.
    Employees are not valued or treated well. Great people are getting fired or just leaving.

Advice to Management

Listen and find out what is going on, determine best practices, and then move forward.