LanguageLine Solutions - Worse than hell, Hell On Earth, the worst job I ever had, Slave Drivers, VeryAbusive company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

"Worse than hell, Hell On Earth, the worst job I ever had, Slave Drivers, VeryAbusive company"

Former Employee - Do Not Work for This Company Unless You Hate Yourself in Monterey, CA

Pros

working out of your home

Cons

You don't know the meaning of slave driver until you worked for LLS, 3rd world pay, demanding boss who never responds to your e-mail, no sick leave, if you become sick too bad, you're fired, no pay raise ever I was switched to all call interepreter and the pay stayed minimum wage. The call volume is constant and company allows calls to come into your line 10 seconds before your lunch break, just interpreted for 3 hours straight, too bad, here is some more interpreting for you and screw your time off. So this job is actually worse than any job you can imagine, and you get almost no compensation for it. Company does not certify interpreters but tells them to lie to court officers that you are court certified. Some one should shut them down for unsafe working conditions.

Advice to Management

I believe in Karma and everyone single one of you will be punished by Karma for abusing and exploiting your employees. Luis Provenzano should be investigated for abusive way he's handling employees.

Other Employee Reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

"Language Line Services"

Current Employee - Translator in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Translator in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Supposed flexibility. Work from home and potential of the earnings in a segment of this business where as a eastern European, i have a very few competitors.

Cons

Working hours, no benefits, lack of communication from management, response time from the management as well as reactions from direct line.

Advice to Management

Start at the human level and you will begin to understand that the translators are the engine of this company and not the management.

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Work At Home Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Work At Home Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The only benefit is that you work from home

Cons

When you take time off due to a family emergency or a sick child, you get reprimanded, even when you have a doctor's note. The sad part is that if you receive 3 warnings for absences (even if they are 100% justified) they let you go. There is NO flexibility whatsoever to balance work life and family life. They expect you to be there, PERIOD. No benetits, no health insurance and I was getting paid the minimum amount for high-quality work. I was there for a year until I got a job elsewhere. My recommendation to others who are looking to work as an interpreter there... DON'T it's a mistake.

Advice to Management

Get your act together. It's unfair that the itnerpreters make close to minimum wage here in the US and you don't even offer benefits or vacation. Be more flexible, there are those of us who are moms and have obligations, children get sick, there are emergencies, etc., Be involved with those of us who are really working hard and are the heart of the company.