Laser Quest - Crew Member | Glassdoor

"Crew Member"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Crew Member in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Laser Quest part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great managers, pays well, flexible hours, cultural sensitivity

Cons

Physical toll, customer service issues, learning curve

Advice to Management

Great job, think about trying to create a different or additional mentoring system that incorporates all aspects of the job so that crew members don't feel timid about taking on more responsibilities and lessening the workload of the more experienced staff or managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Laser Quest

1. "Good stepping stone opportunity"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at Laser Quest part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laser Quest was a great place to work at when I was looking for a second job to boost the amount of money I was bringing in. The environment was very energetic and the managers went out of their way to make sure that everyone was getting along and cutting out behaviors that would make a work environment unwelcome. Very easy to request time off when needed and, though the turnover was particularly high at my time of employment, everyone who came and went was well-received and things never felt too chaotic

Cons

Laser Quest should function as a secondary means of income. I couldn't imagine it being my only job at the time. The compensation was severely lacking and benefits were out of reach for the vast majority of employees. Breaks didn't exist and there was no security in the amount of hours given per week.

2. "Working at Laserquest is overall a very fun and easy job."

Current Employee - Crew Member in Chino, CA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Chino, CA

Pros

Honestly, you don't have a ton of "hard" labor or anything like that with working at LQ. The pay is decent and freedom is flexible. You get to work with cool people that treat you equally, too. LQ is an easy job if you know what you're doing.

Cons

I'd say the worst thing about working at LQ is the party room cleaning, which isn't even that bad. You'll occasionally get the smeared birthday cake on the tables/walls, but nothing some blue spray and cheapy paper towels can't fix. Busy weekends can get stressful but the longer you work, the easy and more natural solutions come.

Advice to Management

You guys are great! You've really made my first job one to remember.