Lash Group - Great company, immature IT department | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lash Group

"Great company, immature IT department"

Former Employee - Business Analyst
Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at Lash Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Operations teams have skilled and experienced personnel and management. Benefits are good. Opportunities for growth for most employees. Nice bonus structure.

Cons

IT Department operates in silos. Some teams do not have sufficient management and support structures in place, leaving individual team members to "fend for themselves". Insufficient level of standard processes. Aquisitions and mergers have been managed poorly, resulting in lack of teamwork across groups. Integration of different groups has been managed poorly, or not at all. Increasing mentality of an "it's not my job" attitude. No leadership in IT Department. An increasing "us" versus "them" within the company.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to employee surveys and feedback. Put some experienced, effective, proven senior leadership in place in the IT department.

Other Employee Reviews for Lash Group

"Sr. Reimbursement Counselor"

Former Employee - Senior Reimbursement Counselor
    Former Employee - Senior Reimbursement Counselor

I worked at Lash Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
    Strong 401K matching program

Cons

Career Opportunities: There are opportunities posted on the internal database regularly, but unless you are friendly with members of senior management, or "know someone" that is responsible for hiring for a position, there is little chance of being promoted to a new position within your program or on another team. I was often surprised to learn that those that had been written-up, suffered from disciplinary actions, or in other words was not a productive employee, had been granted a promotion within the program or on another program. Simply working hard, exceeding goals, and/or being an efficient and productive employee will not ensure the employee will be promoted or eligible for a raise.

If you are interested in working in healthcare and "making a difference", this is not the place for you. Although the company rests on their motto "Patient's First", AmerisourceBergen operates like any other business and places client expectations and company revenue first. There is constant pressure from management to exceed goal, and this often comes at the price for quality. There are certainly "quantity over quality" standards being exercised here.

Senior Management: There are VERY FEW managers that have been promoted to their positions because of their strong work ethic and business smarts. In my experience, my managers knew very little about the program, the company, or how to manage people in general. In all honestly, they were not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and I found it baffling that they were in charge of people. If you are looking for mentorship, Lash does not provide any avenues for mentoring. This should be somewhat surprising considering a majority of the employees (and managers) are female, and there is a renewed interest the the States to offer more mentorships for females in the workplace. I found management to be dishonest and untrustworthy; approaching management with issues or concerns was out of the question as they often did not offer a resolution to the issue, and in some instances your concern was broadcast to team members or others in the organization. Bottom line: You don't have to be smart to be a manager at Lash.

Culture & Value: Like all businesses, Lash Group and AmerisourceBergen is looking out for themselves only. The company prides itself on its reputation among the industry, and the standards they hold for their employees, but I would be surprised if the company's reputation isn't somewhat tarnished based on how they treat their employees. There is not a genuine concern for employee's safety, happiness, or health. All of the companies policies (and there are A LOT!) are to protect the company from lawsuits and/or litigation. Everything is controlled and monitored, including but not limited to: arrival and departure times, email and IM communications, professional conversations with patients/physicians/sales reps, PERSONAL emails and/or calls, urine, private conversations with co-workers, etc.

The people Lash hires is interesting too. Most employees are female and African-American. Cliques exist, and there have been instances of reverse racism within the company. The manner in which many employees conduct themselves is both perplexing and questionable. Several employees have been terminated due to physical altercations (yes, adults fighting), bullying others or engaging in banter, and sexual harassment. However, employees are rarely fired for unprofessional behavior toward the outside public (i.e. speaking to patients or providers). The dress code is due to change in a few months, which will be a huge improvement from the days of women wearing club gear and blue lipstick to work.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to reevaluate the company's culture, values, goals, and standings among similar companies. The world is changing but ABC/Lash remains the same. The company's president states in the annual training modules that AmerisourceBergen is seen as a "leading company" in the healthcare industry, but I have to ask, according to whom? The Lash Group in particular is known for "hiring anyone", working their "employees to the bone", unfairly paying workers, and implementing so many policies the employees have very few freedoms and/or rights once they arrive to work. I would also tell management to read a newspaper, read a book, study your program SOPs and products, and know how to manage and mentor your employees. BOTTOM LINE: Employees will not respect you unless you have smarts and know what you are doing.

"Anonymous"

I have been working at Lash Group full-time

Pros

Great work from home environment. Very stable. Great management staff and always looking for ways to better the associate. If you are good at building relationships then this is the place for you. If not STAY AWAY. No matter how intelligent you are you will be overlooked.

Cons

Opportunities for advancement is minimal. Low pay. The incorporate the bonus as a method to entice employees or new employees but the BONUS IS NOT guaranteed. Have them increase your base pay and do not allow them to incorporate the bonus into the mix at all. Again it is not guaranteed.

Advice to Management

Give the associates opportunities to advance within the company. Getting rid of the bonus and paying your associates better. All jobs in my area at different organizations has offered me at minimum 12k. This will only cause good associates to leave.