Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra - Legal Assistant | Glassdoor

"Legal Assistant"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Tampa, FL

Pros

The office is pretty flexible if you are attending or planning on attending university or grad school. They have different shifts because the firm is so busy due to the industry it is in. There is no dress code, so you can wear sweat pants to work if you wanted to since the clients rarely visit.

Cons

I think now the 8am05pm shift is gone and you have to choose between a morning or night shift (5am-1:30pm or 1:30pm-10pm) and that means sharing a desk with someone. They also pay significantly less than competing firms that do the same type of work around the Tampa Bay area.

Advice to Management

I would suggest recognizing the good people you end up hiring. A lot of college kids come in because of flexibility, but their efforts are not recognized. Also, I wished management was more open to suggestions for morale boosting. Morale was the biggest problem around the office.

Other Employee Reviews for Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra

1. "Frontline Employee"

Pros

I worked at this firm when there were upward of 450 employees and now there are about 30 and the atmosphere has completely changed. Everyone works together for a common goal and there's no hidden agenda (when there were 450 there were cliques and your "best friend" would back stab you). This company used to just focus on when a mistake was made and who is at fault. Now, if a mistake is made they focus on fixing it and giving training.

This is a stressful job, because of the high work-load and deadlines, but I prefer to be busy, so that's not necessarily a con to me.

Cons

Upper management likes to micro-manage and that doesn't promote a happy work environment.

Large case-load and loads of deadlines, but like I said that's a pro and con.

Advice to Management

Trust in your employees, micro-managing just stresses everyone out.

2. "Decent Place and Hard Working"

I have been working at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra full-time

Pros

Flexible time schedule, understanding supervisors, and an environment that encourages you to improve. In the more than five years that I have worked in this company I have witnessed the ups and downs, the rises and the falls. In the end, the company has shown me that they do care and that it is not personal. My co-workers are beyond friendly and supportive. We work as a team. I believe this place will be great because of the hard-working and dedicated people that come in every day to do their best and put good quality work, not just pushing numbers. The paralegals are incredible and reliable with bright and thorough attorneys taking lead. Additionally, in the years that I have worked here I have only experienced kindness, understanding, and positive feedback which is a lot more compared to previous places . This company hired me when I came out of college and I will be here to see it succeed.

Cons

Huge case load and not enough time in the day.

Advice to Management

A little overtime and more training courses on court rules and civil procedures because even the most experienced of paralegals can benefit and even learn something that they didn't learn from previous education/training.