Lawline.com - The grass is actually greener at Lawline! | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"The grass is actually greener at Lawline!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Lawline.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The thing I love most about Lawline is the opportunity for growth. I am constantly learning new technical and soft skills, and it’s a very supportive environment. Through weekly coaching sessions, I’m able to be vulnerable with my immediate supervisor and express areas where I’m not performing the way I’d like to be, and she works with me to find solutions on a regular basis. It involves a lot of introspection, an essential element in identifying blind spots and improving as a leader, which is something that the company, and especially the CEO, David Schnurman, encourages every employee to be. There’s always room to improve, but I’d say Lawline’s executive team is one of the more emotionally intelligent groups of leaders out there, and because of that, I’m not micromanaged as I’ve been in previous work experiences, and am instead given the freedom to make decisions, learn from my failures, and sharpen my instincts.

Lawline also continues to offer better benefits every year, and in the time that I’ve been here, they’ve introduced a matching 401k program, higher medical benefit contributions, more sick days per year, a parental leave program, and a profit-share bonus program. They also organize culture events a few times a quarter which are incredibly fun and speak to our core value of PLAY. The events provide such a unique opportunity to get to know your coworkers even better (all of whom are amazing), and create moments together that strengthen your resolve to support them every day.

It’s easy to say that you love your job because you're the driver of your own success, but it’s a lot harder to say that you love your company. I love Lawline, and I believe anyone who values a company with values would say the same.

Cons

Because of the small nature of the company (we currently have 20 employees), there aren’t many ‘levels’ to advance towards. if you’re someone who sees growth as a promotion to a higher position, you probably won’t be satisfied with the organization’s structure, but if you’re someone who sees growth as an expansion of accountability, skill sets, and the ability to think innovatively about what you can achieve in your environment, you’ll be very happy here.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on each individual employee’s growth. If they grow, we’ll all grow.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great place to work and grow"

I worked at Lawline.com full-time

Pros

Very energized environment with smart, outgoing friendly people who really care about doing great work. Management makes big efforts to create and maintain the healthiest culture I have ever seen.

Cons

There are no downsides at all

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

2. "A great small company that lets everyone have a direct impact"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Lawline.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team is highly competent, flexible, agile, and fun to be around. There are a lot of great perks like working from home, company lunches, and company health events. There is very open communication between departments and between leadership and the rest of the team, so it's easy to see the inner workings of the company. Overall, it's a good place to learn about what it takes to run a small, growing company.

Cons

The work itself isn't the most exciting, especially for those in entry level positions. Unless you have an interest in the legal industry, it can be hard to motivate yourself to learn all the ins and outs. Additionally, because the company is rapidly expanding, some projects can seem a little unfocused and disorganized. The final con (which may be a pro for some people) is that career growth within the company is undefined—it is not clear what the next promotion will look like. This can make it difficult to grow because it's completely a matter of self advocacy.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to continue refining company organization and communication between leadership in the team, and to invest in better management training for leaders.

Discover more reviews about Lawline.com.