LeapFrog - Excellent company, great leadership, amazing people, best employers I've worked for, ever. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LeapFrog

"Excellent company, great leadership, amazing people, best employers I've worked for, ever."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Pros

- JB the CEO has come in and made great strides to make LeapFrog the best company to work for. He is a wonderful leader, extremely charismatic and gives recognition where it's due.
- The people are amazing, passionate, smart and loyal
- Everyone is impressed when you tell them you work here
- Company meetings are interesting and efficient
- Fun parties and events
- LeapDays mean you get out at 12pm Fridays before Holidays
- The past year has been a major "turn around" point at the company since JB started working here
- Competitive Pay
- Generous metrics based Bonuses
- Generous Benefits
- They brought back 401k matching!!
- Work you do is meaningful and impactful in helping children reach their full potential
- Stress-free environment relative to other companies
- Normal work-life balance, hours are dependable and average, plenty of flexibility
- Smiling faces
- Education has been put at the forefront
- Resources are available when you ask for them
- People genuinely love coming to work every day
- The stock is doing tremendously, and stock options/discounts
- HR team uses metrics and company survey results to try to make improvements, constantly reflecting on how to revive the energy of the group
- Start-up vibe with backing of a major company
- Free LeapPad!!

As you can see, I absolutely love being at LeapFrog. I cannot think of a better place to work in the Bay Area. When I started I had heard mixed thing because of all of the leadership changes but this company has been nothing like that now that JB is here. I sincerely give this company my highest recommendation and hope that it continues to attract incredible talent and inspiring leadership.

Cons

- For me it was the commute, but that's not LeapFrog's fault :)
- It can be hard to move up, but I've seen a lot of people get promoted since I've been here.

I really can't think of anything else.

Advice to Management

JB - everyone is so thankful you have stepped out of retirement to lead our group! My only advice is to continue with it, because its working!

Other Employee Reviews for LeapFrog

"Terrible leadership, constantly changing priorities, no vision"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Pros

Really good people (but the best don't last long)
    Interesting products

Cons

Terrible leadership that is constantly changing, so the priorities are constantly changing.
    Not people-centric. Inept HR leadership, who quite frankly, are downright mean and condescending.
    Not competitive in terms of salary or benefits.
    Highly politicized culture. The "suck-ups" are the only ones with upward mobility.
    Did I mention terrible leadership.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at yourselves and make the difficult changes necessary to save this once interesting organization.

"Creative opportunities are interesting, but the advancement and compensation is embarrassing."

Current Employee - Producer in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Producer in Emeryville, CA

Pros

The work is interesting an the people are pretty nice. I am happy to be working on something that helps kids, kids enjoy and parent love. Most similar industry positions produce a product that is just for entertainment value.
    I also enjoy the work environment. The space is open and comfortable.

Cons

The salaries are not competitive across the company.
    The executive team is all men.
    There is no credit given on products design.

Advice to Management

Recognize your incredible staff, employees that work hard, long hours and design amazing products. Give advancement to those who deserve it, allow opportunity to grow with the company.