Learning Care Group - Former Assistant Director | Glassdoor

"Former Assistant Director"

Former Employee - Assistant Director

I worked at Learning Care Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Watching children grow and learn everyday. Establishing good and lasting relationships with the families. LCG does have a really fabulous curriculum in place for the children to grow.

Cons

Staff is encouraged not to gossip, yet the director does so herself. And from attending several management meetings over five years, this is the way most centers are ran. When the issue was brought up several times to upper management, it was ignored. Upper management and corporate love to bark orders and raise rates. Twice a year they raise rates on these families yet the teachers see 25 cent increases per year. It’s absolute bull not to care about the teachers enough to give them a decent raise. Average corporation where money is, and will always be the number one priority.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Be a mentor, have your teachers’ backs and be consistent without showing favoritism.

Learning Care Group2017-11-28
  1. "Not your average internship"

Former Intern - Finance Intern in Novi, MI

I worked at Learning Care Group for less than a year

Pros

During my summer at LCG, I was able to work on real analysis and slide decks that were used in business decisions. I felt valued as part of the team, and I was excited to go to work every day. If you are interested in pursuing a career in corporate finance or business development, the Finance Internship is an amazing way to gain useful skills and work on meaningful tasks. The intern class size is perfect for getting to know the rest of the interns; the summer was a good mix of time with my department and time with the intern programming.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about this experience.

Learning Care Group2019-08-09
  2. "Love my Job"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work life balance is welcome. Supportive DMs

Cons

Childcare will always have its pitfalls but it doesn't mean it's the company's fault

Learning Care Group2019-12-19

Discover more reviews about Learning Care Group.