Learning Tree International - Learning Tree Gets a B+ | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Learning Tree International

"Learning Tree Gets a B+"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Reston, VA

Pros

Work / life balance. Very employee-centric

Cons

It can sometimes take a very long time to change business practices

Advice to Management

A full analysis of processes is needed. There is much room for overall improvement

Other Employee Reviews for Learning Tree International

"Decent pay, great experience"

I have been working at Learning Tree International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to grow within position, company culture is good

Cons

Could be paid more

2. "Cost cutting does not apply to everyone"

Pros

Regular paycheck (at the present time). Unfortunately, I am unable to think of other pros at the time and the review requires 20 words in this section.

Cons

After the FY '16 earnings were posted, it was crystal clear the company is in a heap of financial trouble. A mandate was proclaimed (and rightfully so) we must cut costs wherever we can. No more paper course materials, no more overtime for hourly employees, etc. We as good employees accept that and are doing our part - however, it is starting to feel one-sided. I get the impression some of the folks in upper management underestimate the common sense and intelligence of their workforce. Trust me when I say we are scratching our heads at some of the EXCESS spending we see going on as well as how some employees are taking advantage of the (much) more relaxed environment on the 4th Floor. Our first quarter earnings showed we lost a lot less money compared to FY '16 first quarter. That's all fine and dandy, but we are still in the red. Given that, why have there not been ANY changes in upper management? When do their feet get held to the fire?

Advice to Management

Use common sense and make some REAL changes in this company. Bottom line is we are top heavy. (How does that even make sense given our financial landscape?) There are individuals in upper management that have no business being in the positions they are in. Respect your workforce and don't ask them to cut costs and forgo raises while still spending excessively on your end.